Just returned from Nassau, any questions?

Old May 17th, 2000, 11:28 AM
Lee

Just returned from Nassau, any questions?

We just returned from our second trip to Nassau and would try to answer questions that fellow travelers may have. I am putting together some trip notes and could email them if anyone would like a copy as soon as they are finished. Just let me know.

Old May 17th, 2000, 02:49 PM
celine

I would like to find a small hotel off the beatn track in Nassau, not to close from the city. Any suggestions?

Old May 18th, 2000, 05:23 AM
Lee

Celine: Most of these places are either on Cable Beach and are fairly big, but good beaches, especially at the Nassau Beach Hotel where we stayed. There are quite a few on Paradise Island, connected by bridge or by ferry, but they are also big or not right on a beach. There is the South Beach area away from downtown and from the other two spots. The Makeba Beach Hotel has eight rooms, but I don't know anything about it or about the beach itself. <BR> <BR>Maybe you would be interested in nearby Eleuthera. It's easily accessable from Nassau. It's supposed to be quiet, clean and beautiful. Do a search on the Bahamas and check it out, it may be what you are looking for. <BR> <BR>Good luck!

Old May 18th, 2000, 08:32 AM
Robyn

Celine: <BR> <BR>Compass Point is an excellent resort off the beaten path in New Providence. I highly recommend it. Another, even more remote resort is the Clarion South Ocean Resort.

Old May 26th, 2000, 12:14 PM
Erin

Did you visit the Atlantis Hotel? If so, how was the beach? My fiance and I are thinking of going there and a beautiful beach is very important to us. From the photos I couldn't tell very much. <BR>thank you

Old May 26th, 2000, 06:32 PM
Tracy

we are going to paradise island in july. do we need a passport to enter or leave the islands. we are staying at the comfort suites next to the Atlantis. Are the Comfort Suites still ok?

Old May 27th, 2000, 09:25 AM
Sekab

Lee, my fiance & I are going to be honeymooning in Nassau & would appreciate a copy of your trip notes. Thanks!

Old May 28th, 2000, 04:23 PM
Rosa

Hi Lee, I'm going to the Bahamas in a cruise and I' like to know if we go to paradise island we can swim with the stingrays and see the dolphins or is there a charge for all this? and how was your experience in Nassau/

Old May 29th, 2000, 05:47 AM
cindy lehan

thanks for your generous offer. I would love to read your notes. Please e mail me at your convenience. I will be goinin in August with my 4 daughter's ages 10,12, 15, and 19. I am interested in the Atlantis for the thrill for them. I personally am an off the beaten path traveller. I have read negative infor on Atlantis on Frommer site. What do you think? Thanks, Cindy

Old May 29th, 2000, 11:36 AM
Noach

Celine, you may be interested in this <BR> <BR>http://members.aol.com/PeliPoint/index.html

Old May 29th, 2000, 03:39 PM
Sue

Hi Lee <BR> <BR>I would love a copy of your notes too please <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR>Sue

Old May 29th, 2000, 08:38 PM
roe

<BR>I would love a copy of yor trip notes..I'm going in Aug & staying at the Atlantis.

Old May 30th, 2000, 03:38 AM
mike

Hello lee <BR>I will staying in the atlantis, in july with my two kid age 15,8. please send me your trip note. <BR> <BR>Thank you in advance <BR>mike

Old May 30th, 2000, 08:47 AM
Steve

I too would like to see your trip notes. I leave Thursday AM for Nassau. Weather forecasts, available right now, call for rain on Thursday and Friday. I will be there with my 2 sons, ages 12 and 14. Any suggestions of rainy day activities?

Old May 30th, 2000, 10:23 AM
Lee

Whew, I never expected this response. I am in the process of sending out copies of our trip notes and I'll get to you as soon as I can, honest. <BR> <BR>Erin: The beach as is everything else, is beautiful at Atlantis. It's not a cozy little place, it is big, but very nice. <BR> <BR>Tracy: We take along our passports as a habit, but for the Bahamas, all you need is a (raised seal) birth certificate and photo ID (driver's license) is a US or Canadian resident. <BR> <BR>Cindy: The kids and you will like Atlantis, a lot. <BR> <BR>Thanks, all, I'll get busy.

Old May 30th, 2000, 10:35 AM
Judy

Leaving for Nassau on June 13 staying at the Atlantis. Would like a copy of your notes also. Any info on out island trips or snorkeling adventures. <BR>Thanks!

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 09:58 AM
Diane

Hi - Lee, <BR> <BR>If it's not to late I'd also like a copy of your trip notes. Thanks

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 01:30 PM
Lee

Judy and Diane: I checked back and just saw your requests. I will send those notes out today. <BR> <BR>Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 05:06 PM
Marie

Hi Lee: <BR> <BR>I'm thinking about taking my daughter and her friends for spring break next year, hoping it will be lower key than Cancun or Jamaica, but still fun. I would love your trip notes. <BR>

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 08:36 PM
Amy

Lee, <BR> It looks like you are getting a lot of request for your trip notes and I was wondering if it is too late to recieve your notes as well. I am going in the middle of July and I am trying to gather as much information as possible about Nassau, Cabble Beach and Paradise? Thank you. Amy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FODOR'S VIDEO