Just back from Tortola! Highlights!

Jun 25th, 2002, 03:41 AM
Marie

Just back from Tortola! Highlights!

Just back from our first trip to Tortola - fabulous!! Stayed at Long Bay Beach Resort - great! Took a snorkel daysail on the Kuralu - the best!! Our best meal was at Quito's Gazebo - terrific food right on the water's edge & entertainment. Our next best meal was at Palm's Delight Also went to Sugar Mill (the most expensive of all) but not worth the $ in my opinion. Took Speedy's Ferry to Virgin Gorda & the Baths - beautiful! Took the free ferry to Marina Cay, wanted to see Robb White's house from his book, Two On An Isle.
Happy to answer any questions.

Jun 25th, 2002, 07:07 AM
linda

Hi Marie! I'm glad you listened to some of my suggestions, LOL!!! i KNOW you had a great time- I can't wait to go back next year. Which room did you choose at LBR? Did you ferry to Tortola or do it by plane?Agree that Marina is a cool place to just veg. Liked sitting on top of the hill feeling the breeze, Painkiller in hand. Be sure to post a trip report on traveltalkonline, OK?

Jun 25th, 2002, 03:01 PM
Anon

Wow! I've been to Tortola 3 times and I wasn't aware there WERE any highlights....

Jun 25th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Selfpunishment

Anon.

Why did you go to Tortolly 3X if there were no highlights. Troll ALERT! Tortolly can be wonderful depending on what what your looking for.

After the first 2 trips usually most folks can figure out wether they like the island.

Jun 26th, 2002, 04:15 AM
Marie

To Linda:
We stayed in Villa 13 which was a great location for us - just steps down to the Beach Cafe (we had the package with breakfast every morning included), the beach there was less rocky & great for swimming (water shoes made it even easier) & also it was near the reception area. I requested the lowest level villa as I do not enjoy walking up tremendous hills (as I learned at Anse Chastanet in St. Lucia.)
We opened our triple screen doors at night & it was super cool & we loved hearing the ocean waves.
We flew into Beef Island as I learned from posts on several forums that taking a ferry from St. Thomas could require a sleep-over there. We actually enjoyed the 45 min. taxi ride as it gave us an overview of the entire island when we arrived.
As for a trip report on TTOL, I haven't been able to access it in over a week.

Jun 26th, 2002, 04:28 AM
linda

Marie,
Soundsgreat... traveltalk is down rightnow. I heard it will be back in a week- wouldn't be a shame to lose all those trip reports and valuable info? Do check back!