Reload this Page >

Just back from Tortola any Questions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 05:47 AM
Barbara

Just came back from a week of staying on Tortola. Went all around the Island. Any questions from those planning a trip?

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 07:01 AM
Dina

Where did you stay? Interested in a place on the beach for two. Not familiar with the island at all. Overall impressions? Thanks.

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 12:29 PM
Mary Ann

Any experience with/opinions about Fort Recovery? We're looking for a place, for two, on the beach--but with a pool too--got any suggestions? Thanks.

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 02:07 PM
Donna

I went to Tortola 2 years ago and loved it. Stayed at the Frenchmens Cay. It was great. It was mostly all inclusive. What else do you want to know? Email me.

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 02:35 PM
andra

We are looking at Tortola for our honeymoon. Any info you can provide would be great. <BR>Thanks.

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 03:44 PM
Andy

Mary Ann, <BR> <BR>My wife and I stayed at Fort Recovery 2 years ago. The view from the back of the condo complex (Drake's Channel, and St John) is very nice, but the rooms are very small, as is the pool. The staff members are friendly, but they are sometimes hard to locate if you need help. The whole place has the feel of a "bed and breakfast" in that you have to help yourself sometimes while you are there. <BR> <BR>While we were down there, we heard some good things about Frenchman's Cay, and The Sugar Mill, so you may want to check them out. We ate lunch at the Sugar Mill. The curry fish is fabulous, and the open air dining area is a great place to hang out for a drink or two. We also enjoyed the Jolly Roger (ask for Cora if she still works there). It's a bar on the west end near the ferry dock. It's right out of a Jimmy Buffet song. <BR> <BR>We found that, while most people on the island are very friendly, there isn't a great premium placed on rapid customer service. They keep a slow pace, and I guess they feel that the beaches are sevice enough.