Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Just back from St. John, USVI - any questions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 1999, 12:41 PM
Marianna

I just returned from an unforgetable vacation in St. John. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

Old Jun 3rd, 1999, 05:16 AM
Laurie

Hi Marianna, <BR>I would love to hear all about your trip. I rented a villa from Book-It V.I. for Easter week next year. What restaurants would you recommend? Did you go on any boat trips? Any information would be helpful. <BR>Thanks. <BR>Laurie

Old Jun 3rd, 1999, 06:50 AM
stephanie

Hi, Marianna, thanks for taking our questions. I wondered if you snorkeled or dove and which beaches had the best snorkeling - aside from Trunk Bay. Going there next Feb. and want to know where to find the prettiest, least populated beach/snorkel areas. Thank You!

Old Jun 3rd, 1999, 07:35 AM
EAEllis

I will be interested in your replies to Laurie and Stephanie but I did post a message looking for places to rent snorkeling equipment and kayaks or canoes with no responses. Do you know any. Thanks <BR> <BR>EAE

Old Jun 3rd, 1999, 04:35 PM
sue

Marianna,first, thanks.Planning 4 night stay somewhere in caribbean at very end of June.Would love to see St.John but wondered if heat,bugs wouldmakeit better to go another time.Appreciate recommendations for hotel.Always fascinated by picture of Point Pleasant but understand no beach.Would like beach,beauty,beach bar, balcony and fun atmosphere.Thanks for any recommendations.

Old Jun 22nd, 1999, 01:28 PM
Tracey

My husband and I just returned from St. John and we had a fabulous time. I would like to also answer some of your questions. <BR> <BR>Laurie - Restaurants: Lime Inn, Cafe Roma, La Tapa... Ask the locals, they want you to enjoy your stay and will recommend wonderful places to eat. <BR> <BR>Boat Trips: <BR>Limnos Charters BVI's (stop at the baths in Virgin Gorda and the caves at Norman Island. They have premium complimentary open bar. They also provide snorkel equipment). <BR>Cruz Bay Watersports - stop at Jost Van Dyke, Foxy's, Sandy Spit, Soggy Dollar Bar. Open bar all day - snorkel equipment provided. This trip was alot of fun. Say hello to Foxy!! <BR> <BR>Stephanie - see my post on the St. John Snorkeling Spots. I listed 9 snorkeling spots with discriptions of each. But it is worth taking day trips to the BVI's. It is gorgeous=) <BR> <BR>EA Ellis - Snorkeling equipment can be rented all over the island and at most resorts and on the tours you take. On the tours it is usually complimentary. Also see my post on St. John Snorkeling Spots it will tell you what is available to rent and where. <BR> <BR>Sue - your basic tropical pest (mosquitos) but not bad at all. If you stay in St. John you will have to visit Fred's (across the street from Lime Inn). Several times during the week they have a reggae band and there is lots of dancing. Lots of fun. My husband and I really liked the Westin alot. No complaints at all. Nothing but accommodating. <BR> <BR>I didn't mean to take away from Marianna, but I thought since it was still fresh in my memory, I had better share. <BR> <BR>Enjoy!! <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 13th, 1999, 03:34 PM
gina

Everyone seems to love St. John. My husband and I are planning a relaxing vacation with good food. We will be bringing our 3 year son along with us. Do you have any suggestions on rentals, hotels, restaurants? More importantly, do you think this island is suitable for a 3 year old. You are terrific for taking questions. Thanks.