Reload this Page >

Just back from Sandals St. lucia and ladera

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 12:23 PM
Lynn

We just returned from a wonderful honeymoon in St. Lucia. We first stayed at Sandals St. Lucia in a one bedroom honeymoon suite for 6 nights. We really liked our room. It was a very short walk to the main pool and we had a smaller pool right underneath us. We were in room 35, it looked like the very best views were from rooms 37 and 39(in the one bedroom honeymoon suites. We really enjoyed this place, it has seven restruants to eat at and we didn't even hit all of them. Kimono's was great and we enjoyed eating breakfast at the Piton restraunt. I would highly recommended this one over the other sandals in St. Lucia, <BR>you have much more of a variety when it comes to restraunts. Another couple we met went to visit the other sandals and they said it was not as nice. Then we left there and went to Ladera for three nights. This place was awsome. The views spectacular. We stayed in <BR>a villa with a pool. This room was awsome, we pretty much stayed in our room and lounge in the pool for 3 days. It was like being in paradise. The first night we had a little bit of trouble sleeping, but after that it was "no problem",lol. I wanted to thank everyone for all the helpful information, this board made me decide on staying at ladera and i'm glad i did. Also, I wanted to say HI to Joan. Its sad to be back. <BR>Lynn

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 12:34 PM
Lorraine

Would like to know how was the beach at Sandals?? It is a short crescent beach or a long enough to stroll?? Is there shade on the beach??

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 02:02 PM
KIM

Hi, I am going to St Lucia Sandals golf spa resort in Feb and cant wait to go.if you have any advice about the resort you can email me pease.

Old Oct 21st, 2000, 02:57 PM
Susan

Hi, <BR>My husband and I are going to St. Lucia in January - a much needed respite from the everyday world. I am curious about which Sandals you were at - was it the Halcyon or the Golf resort. We are struggling between the two. <BR>Thanks for any info you can give us. <BR>Susan

Old Oct 22nd, 2000, 07:22 PM
Lynn

HI, <BR>We stayed at the Golf Spa. We really liked this one because of the different variety of restraunts and pools. They have 7 restraunts and 3 pools. We never got tired of the food. We met a couple that went to Halcyon and said it was much smaller and not as nice. The beach is about 1/3 of a mile long, we strolled it, but its not an endless stroll. I thought it was a very nice beach, there is some shade right below the water edge suits if you have a map. I would probably say the one thing is at dinner people do get a little dressed up. Men wore like a collered shirt with dress shorts/or pants and women in skirts or sundresses or cropped type pants. Also, for the women for some reason your hands and feet do swell a little bit so i wouldn't suggest not bringing tight fitting shoe's. I found the men did not have this problem, but almost all the women I talk to did. It is quite humid in st. lucia so I don't know if this is the reason? Good luck. <BR>Lynn

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 07:12 AM
lisa

Hi Lynn. So glad you had a good time! <BR> <BR>Re: swollen feet -- that always happens to me when I fly on a plane -- they are swollen for 1-2 days afterwards. Other than that, I do think sometimes heat and humidity can make them swell, especially if you're walking/standing more than usual.

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 04:31 PM
joan

Hi Lynn, Just wanted to say "hi". It was so nice to meet you. This forum is excellent. We're ready to go back to Ladera but will do something else next, just not sure what. To all those asking about Sandals, we stayed at the Sandals Royal Caribbean in Jamaica and I believe all the Sandals Resorts do a fantastic job!

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 10:13 PM
Nikki

just abck from 2 weeks at Halcyon and we would recommend it over the other resort Le Toc as that was too noisy busy and overcrowded and the staff didnt get to know you like the staff at Halcyon did.

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 07:27 AM
KIM(IN)

How was the ride from the airport? i here its long and you should take the helicopter instead? an information will help am going their in Feb.

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 08:30 AM
Kim

Kim: <BR>learn to spell first

Old Nov 12th, 2000, 02:35 PM
Nikki

cant comment on the helicopter; ours was cancelled due to bad weather <BR>

Old Nov 12th, 2000, 05:55 PM
KIM(IN)

What did I spell Wrong?

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 11:09 AM
Alex

here, there, and any. ;-)

Old Nov 22nd, 2000, 10:38 AM
NCB

Hi.. I'm heading to Ladera and Jalouise in May 01 for my honeymoon.. sounds like the good outways the bad at both resorts! I am REALLY nervous about the bugs and frogs in my bed at Ladera!??! What are the top three things we should do/see while we're there?! Any other feedback would be great!!!!