Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Just back from Punta Cana - stayed at Melia Caribe Tropical - any questions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 09:30 AM
vivian marino

Just back from a glorious trip to Punta Cana. We stayed at the Melia Caribe Tropicale and had a wonderful time. E-mail me directly with any questions.

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 01:12 PM
Dolli

Hi <BR>Was there in May, isn't it a great place? Can't wait to go back and enjoy that great beach again?

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 08:20 AM
sherie

Any comments regarding kids and activities for them. I have an 8-yr old <BR>

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 09:36 AM
vivian marino

Melia Caribe Tropicale is a great place for children. They have activities all day for them. The pool is huge for them to play in. Every night after dinner around 8:00 pm or 9:00 pm they put a show on especially for the kids with their participation. It is really great. You should consider going there. E-mail me if you have any detailed questions.

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 12:28 PM
Karin

How was the food? Were there any reefs for snorkling? Were the grounds pretty? How did the help treat you? Is that enough questions? Seriously, I love the DR and am always looking for different resorts.

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 05:42 PM
Frank

Taking my family on a trip to DR in November. I have never been before and my agency has suggested the Melia Caribe as well as Paradisus Resort. Melia is less expensive package for the four of us, so I am leaning towards this. My kids are 7 and 9. We are flying into Santo Domingo. How long is the ride from airport to Resort. I was told it is a 50 mile ride. I wonder what that means in terms of travel time. IS there a beach at this resort and is it nice and are there watersports. Any other info appreciated. Thanks

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 05:26 PM
Christine Richmond

Hello, <BR> <BR>We are looking into this property as one of our choices ofr a winter vacationwith three children. Frommer's talks quite highly of it. What is the food like? That is very important to us, as we have had bad experiences with all inclusives. The kids love to adventure and it wounds like ther are activities galore. How far is the drive from Santa Dominigo to Punta Cana? <BR> <BR>Thank you, I appreciate the response.

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 04:20 PM
Donna

Hi we are planning a trip to dr in april we have 3 children my agent said we can stay at the Mac Resort Bavaro Gran now is called the Sunscape or the Allegro Resort Bavaro. My children are 3,8 and 11 so we can all fit in one room at those resorts. Which one do you think is better? Thanks