Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Just back from Beaches Turks and Caicos, any questions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 1999, 07:20 AM
Cheryl

Any questions?

Old Apr 25th, 1999, 03:00 PM
Phil

I stayed at a resort on Provo several years ago that I believe has become a Sandals property. It was a wonderful beach but expensive and tough to get around the island. I'm looking for a beach trip for this June. What was your experience like?

Old Apr 26th, 1999, 08:05 AM
Tim

Cheryl, Hope you enjoyed your vacation! Am considering a Thanksgiving family reunion there w/ a group of 16, including 8 kids, ages 5-10. What were your observations of the Kids program and facilities? I figure the key to a good time for all is to make sure the kids have a good time - any additional feedback along these linew would be appreciated. FYI - we're also considering Beaches Negri in Jamaica, Almond Beach Village in Barbados, and The Buccaneer on St. Croix, USVI. Any thoughts or comparisons to these would be welcome. <BR> <BR>Thanks! Tim <BR> <BR>[email protected]

Old Apr 26th, 1999, 03:50 PM
Cheryl

We had a fantastic time at Beaches T&C. The beach was supurb, the people were friendly and the food was fantastic. I think that you would be choosing the right resort for your Thanksgiving reunion. The kids programs are great. There is organized activities for them to do all day (if they want). There is 2 SEGA games rooms, pool tables, air hockey, water slides and much more. I am 25 years old and went to the SEGA room everyday to play!! They have all day self serve soft ice cream machines by the pool as well as self serve popcorn machines. And of course there is a ton of water sports - kyaks (sp), hobie cats, windsurfers, water tri-cycles, peddle boats, snorkel gear etc. You can to all this or nothing at all. We were soooo pleased and thought it was worth the money. As for a comparison to another resort, we went to the Almond Beach Villiage last April and it doesn't compare. (Keep in mind that this is just my opinion). We hope to go again next year. I hope this helps a little if you have any more questions, feel free to ask away! -cheryl-

Old Apr 28th, 1999, 08:41 AM
Tim

Cheryl - I'm really interested in hearing more about the ABV-Beaches T&C comparison. Specifically, what did you like better about Beaches - island, accomodations, kids program, atmosphere, beach, activities, food, general value etc? Whatever impressions you can relay would be greatly appreciated! <BR> <BR>Thanks, Tim

Old Apr 29th, 1999, 03:51 PM
Cheryl

Well...first of all we were very disappointed about the service at Almond Beach Villiage. We thought that the majority of the employees were very rude and not friendly at all!! If you look back at other posts on this board I'm sure you'll find the same opinion. And that right there just left a bad taste in my mouth. And it was just the opposite at Beaches - the staff were always friendly and willing to help. As for the kids program at ABV, I'm sorry I can't tell you anything about it. The beach at Turks & Caicos is much nicer no vendors at all and also a few more beach activities. I think that we had a much better time at T&C largely because the staff were soo friendly. As for accomodations our room was a little nicer and much larger at Beaches (Deluxe) at Almond Beach Village we had Deluxe Pool View. I really don't think that there is much of a comparison, Beaches beats ABV hands down.

Old Apr 29th, 1999, 03:52 PM
Cheryl

Well...first of all we were very disappointed about the service at Almond Beach Villiage. We thought that the majority of the employees were very rude and not friendly at all!! If you look back at other posts on this board I'm sure you'll find the same opinion. And that right there just left a bad taste in my mouth. And it was just the opposite at Beaches - the staff were always friendly and willing to help. As for the kids program at ABV, I'm sorry I can't tell you anything about it. The beach at Turks & Caicos is much nicer no vendors at all and also a few more beach activities. I think that we had a much better time at T&C largely because the staff were soo friendly. As for accomodations our room was a little nicer and much larger at Beaches (Deluxe) at Almond Beach Village we had Deluxe Pool View. I really don't think that there is much of a comparison, Beaches beats ABV hands down.

Old Apr 29th, 1999, 04:03 PM
Cheryl

Tim, <BR> <BR>Go to www.caribtravelnews.com and then click on carib. travel roundup. Look at the write ups about ABV under April 1998, July 1998 and Nov. 1998. These people share the same opinion as myself about ABV.