Harbour Island Wedding Report

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2004, 09:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been wanting to post on this board a report about my destination wedding in Harbour Island. This board provided me with a lot of help and I wanted to return the favor.
My wife and I planned a 5 day trip with family and friends, 60 people attended, to Harbour Island for our wedding on 5/1/04. We did a prior visit to check out lodgings and food. I cannot tell how wonderful the island is and more importantly how nice the people are. It is by far the greatest place in the Bahamas(I have traveled to most of the islands)
We ended up deciding on staying at The Pink Sands while working out a deal for guests. In addition the Coral Sands took care of some who were a bit more cost concious. Both places worked wonderfully as they are righ next door to one another. The Pink Sands has been written about many times on this board and I am a big fan of this resort. It offers wonderful food, privacy and access to the the beautiful Pink Sand beach. The resort took care of all of our needs and really handled the planning of the wedding day. We were responsible for getting flowers shipped in from Nassau Petal Pushers) and having someone to handle the ceremony. (We used the commisioner of the island) After that the Pink Sands handled all the food, band and liquor. It went so smoothly and effortlessly that I could not thank them enough.
On top of that the guests all had a good time while the visited. We set up scuba trips, snorkeling trips or they could just relax on the beach.
Harbour Island has a little bit of everything for everybody. Which included some great fun after sundown at the local bars and clubs. If anyone has any questions please let me know.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 02:53 PM

Where is Harbour Island?
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Original Poster

it is an "out" island in the Bahamas
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 04:39 PM

Harbour Island is just off the N. coast of Eleuthera and is about a 15 minute flight east of Nassau or a 2 hour fast ferry ride.

You land at N. Eleuthera Airport and a short cab and water taxi ride and you are delivered to the Government Dock.

You might try the www.briland.com site for more information on the island.
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 04:57 AM
caribtraveler

bert710: Congrats on your destination wedding which sounds like it was simply wonderful. Thanks for your report. We're counting down to our trip to Pink Sands (4 weeks to go).

Old Sep 1st, 2004, 03:38 PM

It looks right now like Hurricane Francis is going to go right over Eleuthera and Harbour Island and storms like this cause considerable damage.

Check with Pink Sands after the storm and with the www.briland.com website for up todate reports from people on Harbour Island as the storm develops in the Bahamas.

I hope and pray that the storm does not heavily damage this tiny gem of an island, but 140-220 mile and hour winds I am afraid are heading in their direction.
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 04:15 PM
caribtraveler

Yes, we plan to check with the resort after the hurricane passes. We're a bit bummed at the prospect of not being able to go but it's just a vacation after all. We just feel really bad for the people who live in the hurricane's path. It doesn't look good at all.