Notices

Jewelry in St Barth's

Oct 10th, 2000, 10:01 AM
Kevin

Jewelry in St Barth's

My wife and I are headed to St. Barth's in November and I wanted to know if jewelry is considered a good buy on this island. My family went to St Maarten several times growing up and I know my mom always came home with a nice piece that my dad thought was a good deal. Does St Barth's offer similar discounts vs. US prices? I am specifically thinking of diamonds. If anyone has any recommendations on stores those would be appreciated as well. Thanks!!

Oct 10th, 2000, 12:03 PM
John

St Barts is French so French items are the shopping "show" there. Jewelry is for sale at various botiques but for real "bargains" probably St Martin is a better stop.
We don't go to St Barts to shop specifically but do find desirable items every time we go. (shoes are a biggie).

Oct 10th, 2000, 12:18 PM
Eric

Kevin, We are also heading to St. Barts
this November(Thanksgiving week). My wife always shops for jewelry there & usually finds something she likes & thinks is a relatively good deal. However, she feels St. Maarten has better bargains overall.

Oct 13th, 2000, 10:31 AM
Joyce

It depends on what your tastes are and what you consider a good deal. In general, 18K is the price of 14K in the US. The selection is extensive, not too many pearls, however. Swiss watch selection is very good, last year's models are discounted.

Design is more European than American--evident in more small stones versus fewer large stones. I really enjoy wearing a piece of jewelry that reminds me of a great trip, so I try to buy an item each time we return.

Design is more European than American--evident in more small stones versus fewer large stones.

Search this Thread