Reload this Page >

Jamica,GrandCaymen, or St.Lucia--where is the best

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 11:33 AM
Stacey

I am looking for a romantic getaway with my husband and another couple.Have heard good and bad things about all these places. Is Jamacia really dangerous. We are looking for a place that is beautiful, no kids, exoitic, and has a nightlife. In our mid twenties. Any info would be great!

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 01:45 PM
Kim

Jamaica is no more dangerous then any other place. Having alittle common sence is all you need. We have never had any problems while we were their, I think people have a tendency to over react on this subject. A firm NO! is all you need. And you would not flash $$$$$ or jewlery when you go out at home so why would you do it while you were on vacation. Jamaica is a wonderful Island and the people are also very friendly and alot of fun. Dont let what people say discourage you from visiting this beautiful island it would be your loss. Email me if you would like to know more about our trips there.

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 03:40 PM
vs

stacy - any island can be dangerous. We're going to Jamaica next week for the third time! If you take excursions that are run by a reputable resort then you're completely safe! Don't recommend exploring an island on your own. Jamaica also has the most all inclusives which is the way to go. Grand Cayman is very very expensive and everything is ala carte.

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Karen

Hi Stacey: we have been to the three islands that you mentioned. We were there on cruises and only had limited exposure to them. We are going to go to Jamaica this May, of all the cruise ports (14 or more) this is the place we thought was worth another look. It is a very beautiful island. We have chosen Sandals Inn, Montego Bay it is a small intimate place but we have free access to the other Sandals in Montego Bay by shuttle. This may fit your needs also, it may be worth a look. Adults only!!Karen

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 01:02 PM
Lynn

My husband and I went to Sandals Royal Caribbean in Jamaica last year and had a wonderful time. It was couples only and it was great. We relaxed during the day and hung out with a lot of cool couple at night. Everyone was very nice. We ventured out of the resort a few times and didn't feel threatened at all! Anyway, I don't know which place you were leaning towards, but you might want to read some of the trip reports at www.vacationtripreports.com and see what other people have had to say about their experiences. It might make your decision easier. No matter what, I know you will have a great time. <BR> <BR>Lynn

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 05:28 AM
Lizzy

<BR>"beautiful" - Cayman isn't lush if that's what you mean <BR> <BR>"no kids" - kids are welcomed on Cayman <BR> <BR>"exotic" - Cayman is westernized & modern <BR> <BR>"nightlife" - Cayman has very little <BR> <BR>Cayman's a place for the beach, snorkeling & diving. St. Lucia would be the most beautiful & exotic, least amount of kids. Unbelievably romantic.

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 10:23 PM
Don

But Lizzy -- that's exactly WHY Grand Cayman is FANTASTIC!!!