Think we are planning a mid-May trip to Jamaica and are trying to decide where to stay. Have read lots of different posts on the merits of Montego Bay vs Negril vs Ocho Rios and am more confused than ever!!
We're planning to fly from Chicago Friday-Tuesday...not long enough, but its all we can swing at this time. Am thinking Negril sounds awesome, but not sure it'll be worth the long ride from the airport given our short stay. Thoughts?
Also, my husband is recovering from two surgeries on his tibia plateau and will most likely be using a crutch so lots of hilly walking probably won't work.
We love both the beach and the pool and think All-inclusives are nice, but also like getting a flavor of the area we're visiting.
Or, would you recommend another place altogether?
Any help, opinions, suggestions you may have are appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 2 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 3 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 4 Christmas vacation
- 5 NYE in Punta Cana
- 6 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 7 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 8 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 9 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 10 Abaco day trips
- 11 BEWARE of TU Bahamas Rentals
- 12 Caneel Bay in St. John?
- 13 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 14 Yoga & Surf vacation for my family
- 15 St Croix at Christmas with small children
- 16 Grand Cayman Beaches
- 17 Barbados Cruise to Airport
- 18 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 19 sailing the Abacos
- 20 Grace Bay after hurricane
- 21 Private secluded Carribean Cottage
- 22 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 23 1st time to Barbados
- 24 Help selecting an island destination!
- 25 BVI vs. Exumas