Jamaica - RockHouse resort

Oct 28th, 1999, 12:31 PM
Sue

Jamaica - RockHouse resort

Has anyone ever stayed at this resort? It looked great 3 years ago and I was considering a visit in December.
Sue

Oct 28th, 1999, 12:33 PM
Sue

Me again. Just wanted to add that Rock House is a small resort in Negril......

Oct 28th, 1999, 02:09 PM
diane

My husband and I want to stay there someday too -- we did a week at the Charela Inn on the beach, which was wonderful, but thought next time the cliffs could be really cool. Rockhouse has a very inviting website, if I remember correctly...

Oct 28th, 1999, 11:00 PM
Carlton

I stayed at the Rockhouse for the first 2 nights of my 9 night stay in Negril. I did the other 7 nights on the beach. The grounds are lovely at the Rockhouse. Very nicely landscaped. The pool built into the cliffs is spectacular. So is the restaurant. Even if you're not staying at the Rockhouse, I'd rec a dinner there day or evening. They light up the cove very tastefully at night. The water in that area is incredible. Crystsal clear and a wonderful blue color. They have ladders that lead into the water so you can snorkel right from the rocks. The Pickled Parrot next door is also a lot of fun but I guess depending on what time of year you're going it could get noisy. Several of the villas at RH are right next to Pickled Parrot. Definitely do a premium villa. They're set right over the water and you'll have a 270 plus degree water view while sitting on the bed inside. The rooms are kinda rustic and not as "plush" as they appear on their website. They're fine though. Lastly, I loved the outdoor showers. Enjoy.

P.S. If you're in that area of Negril, make sure you do b'fast at Jus Natural which is right upthe street. Best b'fast in Negril and great atmosphere. Reasonable too.

Search this Thread