Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > Jamaica or other Caribbean island with two adults, two college girls
Notices

Jamaica or other Caribbean island with two adults, two college girls

Jan 12th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

Jamaica or other Caribbean island with two adults, two college girls

My daughter's spring break is in March so my husband and I are thinking of taking her and a friend somewhere warm either flying out of Chicago or Grand Rapids, MI. She mentioned Jamaica and from what I have seen here Negril looks like the nicest area. Is Jamaica appropriate for two single girls with parents as chaperones? I don't want them to be stuck with all honeymooners or worry excessively about them being surrounded by crazy partiers.

Any other areas I should consider?
Jan 12th, 2011, 01:36 PM

Negril is a stunningly beautiful place imo. I've been there three times most recently July '10. It's definitely not "all honeymooners" or "crazy partiers", and that part you can control by the specific hotel or resort you choose.

That said, Negril is a "bit rough around the edges" and fairly rustic (some restaurants still cook on open fire or split oil drums, there's no fancy restaurants, virtually no "shopping").

Negril is 90 mins. from the airport and there are a variety of reasonable transportation options (as cheap as $20 pp).

Search this Thread