Reload this Page >

Jamaica Inn--We are here--WOW

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1st, 2005, 09:36 AM
owa

Hi, Oh my, this is a beautiful place. We left Sioux Falls at 5AM to connect with all on-time flights. It took us over 2 hours to get to JI from MB due to lots of traffic and construction.

I was very tired by the time we enjoyed a wonderful 5 course meal. Service is first class.

More later. I'm off to snorkel.

Thanks again everyone for all of your help in selecting JI. Owa

Old Nov 1st, 2005, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Owa,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post ! I know we are all happy that you are pleased. And the *instant gratification* of hearing your reaction while there has made my day !

ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!

Marion

Old Nov 1st, 2005, 11:01 AM

Glad you are enjoying JI. It's lovely and a very special place. Say Hi to Rupert for me.
Old Nov 1st, 2005, 01:55 PM
owa

Hi again. For those of you that know JI, I'm sitting on the veranda by the main bar using my husband's wireless laptop. Laughing. Laughing because I just read Howard's reply right after I had just talked to Rupert. Marion, I copied your reference to Rupert regarding the drink he made for you. He was so pleased. He even remembered the room you were in and that you moved because of ants. The name of the drink is "mountain magic". I'm going to have him make one for me. Howard, I will relay your message also. Owa

Old Nov 1st, 2005, 02:04 PM

Owa,

Thanks, once again, for a smile !

You might remind Rupert (for me) that at times he called *my* drink "mountain madness"....remember I was lucky enough to be there for two weeks !

There really is a sense of family at JI, and I am so pleased that you and your husband are enjoying it !

Marion
Old Nov 1st, 2005, 02:06 PM

owa,
You lucky woman! I just checked out the website for the JI and it looks wonderful!Have fun and keep us posted on this trip.Thanks for taking the time to post while on your trip..that is very thoughtful.

Take Care
Christie
Old Nov 1st, 2005, 02:14 PM

owa,

Isn't the food amazing? and the beach? generally just the whole atmosphere - they make it seem so simple but you know full well that it takes a lot of work.

Have a wonderful time!
Old Nov 1st, 2005, 03:30 PM

So glad to hear you're enjoying your stay! Give Shadow a pat on the head for me (I would've said give Shadow a kiss for me but I don't know how you feel about kissing black lab ).
Old Nov 1st, 2005, 06:15 PM

Hi Owa,

Howard C and I would also like you to pass on our regards to Teddy. He is a bartender and also sings with the band on most nights.

I think he has the longest tenure at JI and he certainly doesn't show his age. But if you ask, he'll tell

It's taken a few private emails for us to remember his name...but *seniors* do sometimes prevail ;-) !

Marion
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 02:26 AM
owa

Hello all,

Oh yes, Teddy. We met Teddy the first night we were here. Last night was the manager's cocktail party. Teddy was there telling us that he has been at JI 2 years longer than anyone else. He is bringing us Jamaica coffee before we leave Saturday morning (too soon). Everyone seems to be pleased that they are working for JI unlike some other resorts where we have been. It sure adds warmth. JI really is like nothing we have experienced.

We met a honeymoon couple from NC last night at the beach dinner. We are hiring Tony to take us to a snorkel site later today. We swam out to the reef here at JI yesterday and it was better than we expected. Some bleaching going on though.

We just had our 6AM coffee and now are off for our morning walk. I wish you were all here! Owa

Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 07:00 AM

<I wish you were all here!>

Me too!
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 07:58 AM

Patty

me three
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 11:27 AM
owa

Hi everyone, For those of you that know Teddy, his 90+ dad died in his sleep while we were still at the Jamaica Inn. What a delightful man. We missed his singing the last two nights we were there. The dinner music was great each night. Especially the kind of music "old" folks like us enjoy. I never did ask all the young couples if they liked the music. And my were there many young couples on their honeymoon. I would think JI would be a perfect honeymoon spot. The beach is small, but lovely, the food is excellent and the staff is superb. It really is the staff that makes JI so special.

I have to say the snorkeling right at the beach (to the left as one faces the ocean)was quite interesting with lots of fish. I saw eel, lobster and one morning every size of trumpet fish from very small to the largest I've ever seen. For the small area, I would have to say it was very nice. Kept me out for three hours at a time. The reef about 200 yards out from the beach (immediately left of the reef sticking out of the water) was good enough for us to swim out there twice. The trip with Tony was fun. With the bleaching of the coral, it made for stark, white, beauty below the water. It really makes an impression with the first glance.

The Jr. oceanfront suite we had was small. My husband missed having a chair in the room when he wanted to read inside. The "outside" living area is huge with a sofa and two comfortable chairs. Very, very nice with the white slipcovers.

My daughters asked if JI would be a place for our family of 10. Even though they are old enough to stay, I know they wouldn't like it. I only saw one child.

We are on our way home from the Caymans very early in the morning. It will be a very long travel day with home arrival after 10PM.

Again, thanks everyone for your help. Owa

Old Nov 24th, 2005, 10:32 PM

owa,

sorry I missed your post - I haven't been around too much lately.

JI is NOT the place for a crowd!!!! I know you will direct her in another direction and maintain the peace for other couples trying to get away from the hustle and bustle of life.

However quiet a group of 10 try to be they will be noisy compared to the couples at JI, every couple I saw lying on the beach! One was reading the other was snoring