Jamaica in June: MoBay, Ocho Rios, or Negril?

Old Jan 17th, 2018, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jamaica in June: MoBay, Ocho Rios, or Negril?

Hello!

My friend and I (both females, if that matters) are planning a 3 or 4 night getaway to Jamaica and we need some suggestions!

We would prefer an AI resort, something in good condition/well maintained (I'm mildly disturbed by a review of the Iberostar having cockroaches in the paella so also if you can reassure me that that's not normal, that would be great).

We want to go on a couple day trips (Rose Hall, Luminous Lagoon, Dunn's Fall's, and also have a day or 2 to relax in the beach/pools and maybe snorkel. So somewhere that it's easy to book those things would be great. Since it's our first time, the easier, the better!

Budget is around $1200-$1400 each (with air), so $2400-$2800 total. Flying from Fort Lauderdale.

Size of the room doesn't matter, we don't plan to be in it much, but cleanliness/upkeep is important.

Also, any recommendations for transportation (if the hotel does not offer it) would be great! We're not wanting to learn to drive on the opposite side of the road haha!

Thank you!!
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 11:30 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I *LOVE* Negril. It's a very unique & special place. Absolutely magical.

But since you want an All-Inclusive and to do all those day trips, might be more convenient staying closer in. Negril is a 90 min. shuttle ride from the Montego Bay airport.

Clive's is the company I have used for transportation. You can easily find them online.
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 11:42 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by suze
I *LOVE* Negril. It's a very unique & special place. Absolutely magical.

But since you want an All-Inclusive and to do all those day trips, might be more convenient staying closer in. Negril is a 90 min. shuttle ride from the Montego Bay airport.

Clive's is the company I have used for transportation. You can easily find them online.
Thanks! Any recommendations for places to stay in Negril? (AI or not)
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 02:07 PM

Negril is divided between the gorgeous 7-mile beach, then the town, and then The Cliffs. I have always stayed up on the Cliffs (I know of Tensing Pen, Catcha Falling Star, and Le Mirage) but am guessing you would prefer the beach?

Below is the best website I know of for Negril. If you use the map, you can click on the dot by each hotel and see & read about what they are like just to get an idea of what you'd find if you choose Negril.
Beach Resorts | Negril Resorts | Negril Onestop Jamaica Resorts and Hotels
Old Jan 18th, 2018, 10:26 AM

Negril is my favorite destination in Jamaica, but it will be really out of the way for Rose Hall and Dunns River Falls. However, maybe you can visit Rose Hall on your way to Negril? If you do decide to go to Negril, one of my favorite small hotels on the beach is COCO LA PALM. Ask for a 2nd floor room away from the bar. It's a simple place, but well-kept and on one of the best sections of Negril's famous beach.
Old Jan 18th, 2018, 01:34 PM

Yes that was my concern for recommending Negril, which is my favorite. That is it not central to some of the tourist activities they are interested in doing. But for me, would be worth it