jamaica grande, ocho rios

Aug 4th, 1998, 01:16 PM
m grant

jamaica grande, ocho rios

Making reservations for jamaica later this year, any body, visit the Jaimaica Grande , please give me info. We are a couple in our early 30's. need info
on food, rooms, beaches, staff.

Aug 5th, 1998, 04:36 AM
LAE

My travel agent raves about it all the time, shes been a few times and it is her favorite all-inclusive. The resort is massive, with 4-5 gourmet restaurants to choose from, and gigantic pool area. I have read on some posts that all beach watersports are not included in all inclusive, but I read it differently in their brochure. Be sure to check into this!

Aug 5th, 1998, 04:57 PM
mi

Went to Jamaica last December only we stayed at the Club Jamaica Beach Resort, which is only a short walk from the Jamaica Grande. We took a walk around the grounds and found it very nice. However, it is geared more for a family. There were many young children running around. We did not see where there would be a quiet relaxing place. If you don't need all the frills and are looking for something more peaceful, Club Jamaica would be a good choice. (it is all-inclusive) We enjoyed it and would go back.

Aug 6th, 1998, 03:26 AM
Leslie

I've heard very good things about the Jamaica Grande, but it's a huge place. Like the previous post, I stayed at Club Jamaica for a second time recently. We find it to be an excellent value for
a moderate a/i. The service was perfect and the ocean view rooms have balconies overlooking the water. You don't have the choices of restaurants, etc. that you have at a large resort like J.G. though.

Aug 6th, 1998, 05:04 AM
jack givens

Message: I' m not sure what chinese restuarant you had dinner at, but the dragon court at the Jgrande, was the worst chinese food I have ever had. This was not chinese food. this was pre-frozen dinner food. Carrie don't be fooled by the comments of the previous post, you will be dissapointed. you may
a have a good time but don't expect much. the meals
were over-priced, but if you look at what you paid for all inclusive per day you paid twice as much.
the nightly buffets were by far the best food at the hotel, but that to was overpriced. get the all-inclusive only for the convenience, not for any savings!!! expect small and antiqauted rooms, and yes you will spend a lot of time in your room, their just is not that much to do, which is fine if the rooms were nicer. you can only relax on the beach for so many hours !!! There is not that many activities during the day, unless you are going to spend alot of extra money on excursions; horse riding, hiking,or going to the falls. I do reccommend Dunn Rivers falls, but again thats extra money.

Search this Thread