jamaica grande, ocho rios

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 1998, 08:31 AM
dick grahm

i will be visting jg in a couple of weeks, should
i purchase all-inclusive or non. Whats the difference, how are restaurants in the area, not
a heavy drinker would this make a difference.

Old May 14th, 1998, 03:43 PM
Ann

We stayed at the Jamaica Grande last October and loved it. I would definitely go all inclusive. They
have so many bars and 4 restaurants to choose from including a light cafe you can get food till midnight. We have been to a few all inclusive hotels in the carribean and so far the Grande has been one of the tops in our books. They have great theme dinners with entertainment and we had a wonderful time. I would definitely come back and my husband and I both agreed that we this was a great value!
Have fun.

Old May 15th, 1998, 02:12 PM
Rachel

I strongly recommend the all-inclusive deal. My husband and I were there in March, and we were so glad we were all-inclusive. The prices for food are outrageous; you don't want to have to pay for your meals individually. Also, even if you are not much of a drinker, they have wonderful frozen concoctions, with and without alcohol, that you will probably enjoy, all free if you are all-inclusive. There is an Italian restaurant, a Chinese restaurant, an outdoor restaurant, and a cafe in the evenings. We enjoyed all, but particularly the cafe and the Italian place. We really loved the resort, but be prepared that the area is really poverty-stricken. It was not much fun to leave the property; we were accosted by drug dealers and beggars. I don't think it is very safe to walk outside the property at night either. But that did nothing to dampen our enthusiasm for the resort; it will, however, make you glad you bought the all-inclusive package because you will probably eat all your meals at the resort.

Old Jun 23rd, 1998, 06:49 AM
Carrie Pride

My family (myself, husband and 3 yr. old son) along with my parents will be going to the Jamaica Grande for Christmas this year. I'm glad to hear good things about the resort itslef. Did you venture out ffor any activities such as golf or Duns River Falls? We will plans to spend most of our time at the resort but would like to get to see the Falls and perhaps some better snorkeling. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Old Jun 26th, 1998, 09:10 AM
Jgivens

I' m not sure what chinese restuarant you had dinner <BR>at, but the dragon court at the Jgrande, was the worst chinese food I have ever had. This was not <BR>chinese food. this was pre-frozen dinner food. Carrie don't be fooled by the comments of the previous post, you will be dissapointed. you may <BR>a have a good time but don't expect much. the meals <BR>were over-priced, but if you look at what you paid for all inclusive per day you paid twice as much. <BR>the nightly buffets were by far the best food at the hotel, but that to was over priced. get the all-inclusive only for the convenience, not for any savings!!! expect small and antiqauted rooms, and yes you will spend a lot of time in your, their just is not that much to do, which is fine if the rooms were nicer. you can only relax on the beach for so many hours !!! There is not that many activities during the day, unless you are going to spend alot of extra money on excursions; horse riding, hiking,or going to the falls. I do reccommend Dunn Rivers falls, but again thats extra money.

Old Jun 27th, 1998, 01:20 PM
Carrie Pride

We switched reservations. We are now going to Negril to the Poinciana which is now owned by Sandals. After many of the postings I saw on this and other BB's, I don't think the JGrande is for us. Thanks for your replies! Carrie.