Jalousie, Le Sport or Windjammer?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2006, 05:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning a week in St Lucia at the end of June, but can't decide between these 3 hotels (Le Sport, Jalousie Plantation or Windjammer Landing. All offer all inclusive, which we would opt for. We like to dive and eat well, and prefer private accommodation. We're not big spa goers, nor do we take part in group activities.
Can anyone help suggest one over the others, please?
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 01:51 PM

Hi clairej, it has been a few years so at least this will bring your request to the top...LeSport was very well, "sporty" LOL, when I saw it last, all about spa stuff, activities, sports, working out etc...I have never seen Jalousie, but I loved the Windjammer villas, they had private pools etc, really cool...have fun !
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 10:15 AM

If you're not a big spa-goer, then it wouldn't be worthwhile to splurge on Le Sport, where the high cost includes daily spa treatments but also fitness classes. Jalousie Plantation has a dramatically beautiful (albeit isolated) location; if you can get an all-inclusive plan, it would definitely be a good deal. Windjammer Landing is nice because it's close to the Gros Islet Jump-up, which I enjoyed recently, and there are plenty of off-site bars, restaurants, and shopping in Rodney Bay. You'll probably find snorkeling and the beach nicer at Jalousie. I just returned from St. Lucia and stayed a few days at Almond Morgan Bay, just south of Rodney Bay. The beach isn't perfect there, but it's a nice resort with good pools and has very good food; it's also an all-inclusive.
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 03:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for that. Coming down on the side of Jalousie if the beach is nicer. I've heard that Le Sport's decor is a bit tired too.

Claire
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 08:40 AM

For me, Jalousie has a nicer beach because it's very easily accessible to excellent snorkeling. You should know, however, that the beach itself is artificial. But it's never crowded, which is a huge plus as far as I'm concerned.
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 10:58 AM

Doug good to hear about Almond Bay. We stayed there when it was still St James Club but it was showing wear and tear and it could be seen that they were not putting any money in it. Even then though it was good and had excellent food. From what I have read Almond spent a ton of money to improve it. We liked this resort a lot and the location can't be beat. We visited Windjammer and the one thing we did not like about it was the sort of iffy area one had to go through to get to it. Almond is nice because the gate is right on the main road and you can catch local bus there (or a taxi).

Old Mar 27th, 2006, 05:41 AM

clairej, ifyou are considering Windjammer, check to see what the state of the construction is there now. They were re-building a couple of villas that were destroyed in a land slide last fall.
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Original Poster

Thanks - will do. Coming down on the side of Jalousie Plantation though. I read that it sits in the shadow of the Pitons. Does that mean that the hotel is in shade?
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 08:34 AM

I stayed at Jalousie in 2003 (when it was managed by the Hilton) for my honeymoon and highly recommend it.

It's not a typical high-rise hotel but a complex with villas spread out on the hillside. We stayed in an oceanview villa. The view was phenomenal with the ocean & mountains as our backdrop.

The resort is not in the shade, it just happens to be situated between the Pitons.

Definitely get a meal plan, even if it's just breakfast as the resort is not in town.