Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Jalousie Hilton or Windjammer Landing in relation to airports?

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 12:05 PM
honeymooner14

My fiance and I are looking into a couple resorts on St. Lucia for our honeymoon, but because we will be doing some island hopping, we want to make sure we are close to the airport. How close are those 2 resorts to either of the airports on St. Lucia? (We are thinking that we need to be closest to the Castries airport, Vigie.) Thank you!

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jalousie is about one hour away from the Castries airport by taxi, and a 5 minute ride away by helicopter. DOn't know about Windjammer's distance. The airport in the south (Hewanarra?) is about 30 minutes away from Jalousie.

Between the two, Jalousie is the nicer property. And the romantic view between the Pitons can't be beat!
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 06:18 PM

honeymooner14,

I would advise that the distance to the resort not be a criteria for choosing a resort in St.Lucia. I know the hour extra taken away from your time can be precious, but it can also mean a big considerable difference between the resorts in St.Lucia.

The Windjammer Landing is located on Le Brelotte Bay, north of Castries (Vigie Airport)by about 15/20 mins from airport.

Jalousie Hilton would be a good hour plus, south. It can take up to 90 mins.by taxi from Vigie.

Donna

Old Aug 1st, 2003, 03:11 PM

Ooops! Sorry, I was thinking about the ride from the Hewanorra airport in Vieux Fort up to Castries is the 90 min ride.

From Castries (Vigie airport) to the Hilton is a 45 min. to an hour long ride.

Donna
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 06:01 PM

The airport at the Jalousie end takes large planes, the Castries end has pudddle jumpers. The trip to jalousie takes about 45-60 minutes, up winding roads, its ok, just a climb, so a just be prepared. I took my tums,as I was prone to car sickness. The way back was almost as bad, but I was prepared. I would opt for the copter, a taxi of sorts on this island.