Reload this Page >

Jalousie Hilton or Sandals Halcyon???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 04:50 PM
Gifford

Has anyone been to both the Jalousie Hilton or Sandals Halcyon or know enough about the two resorts to suggest one over the other for a honeymoon in mid-October? I would really appreciate some help. A travel agent (who happens to be affiliated with Sandals I have found out) said that the Halcyon is for couples only, quiet, and romantic and that the Jalousie is real touristy. We are looking for something quiet, romantic, relatively secluded, etc. Can anyone help?<BR>Thanks!

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 06:15 PM
Kim

Been to both and yes, the Halcyon is for couples only. there are kids at the Jalousie. I found the Jalousie to be very overpriced. The food was not all that great either. The Halcyon is a nice<BR>romantic resort with privelages at both Sandals.

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 04:17 AM
Giffford

Thanks for the help. How private/secluded does it feel? How are the rooms? Any suggestions on what type of room to book?<BR><BR>Anyone else have any adivce?<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 07:56 AM
Kim

All the rooms are nice but we prefer the Oceanview rooms or suites. Halcyon is a much smaller resort them LaToc. Much quiter and low key.

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 08:05 AM
Edye

Jalousie is a beautiful resort in a spectacular setting that also offers a seclusion and activties. Not recommended as an allinclusive like Sandals. Depending on time of year, there will be more kids at times. Oct is not a high kid time as compared to December, Jnauary, Spring Break or summer. Cottages are dotted around the resort with plunge pools, what could be more romantic? Pool area and beach are lovely, not crowded. Not much nightlife outside of resort in this area of island.

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 01:01 PM
Penney

Sandals Halcyon is very low key, laid back, romantic, casual. Never feels like there are many people there at all but the resort is nicely spread out.<BR><BR>All the rooms cateogries there are great and the rooms are all pretty much the same - concierge is a mere 4 feet larger and on the beach with a bar - that is it. Even the lowest category is fine but for most categories, I would request second floor as the view of the gardens is really beautifiul - very green and lush.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 02:04 PM
Rachel

I am in the same boat as you, I will be honeymooning in early October and am trying to decipher the difference between all the resorts. One word about the Sandals Halcyon though - a friend of mine went to the other Sandals resort on St. Lucia last year and said that she is so glad that she stayed at that resort over the Halcyon location. She told me that she found Halcyon to be more of a party. She liked the idea of how she could go party at the Halcyon, but then come back to her quiet and tranquil resort.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 03:59 PM
Kim

I think you got that backwards. We have been to both and by far LaToc is much more active and loud then Halcyon.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 04:39 AM
Gifford

When you say LaToc are you referring to the Sandals St. Lucia Golf and Resort? I also heard that that resort was more of a party atmosphere than the Halcyon. I really just don't want to end up at a touristy, non-romantic place for my honeymoon and have thus been a bit hesitant about going to a Sandals (personally I have never been to one before so just going on what I have read). However I got a great package deal and really like the all-inclusive aspects, but could sacrifice it if the Jalousie was much better (really like the plunge pool!). <BR><BR>Anyone have any further input?<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 09:05 AM
Kate

I am taking my honeymoon there this summer and I have chosen Jalousie. You have your own villa with plunge pool, plenty of activities and the southern end of the island is suppose to be much more beautiful and romantic. I'll post a message under the hotel once I am back in late June. Good luck.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 10:10 AM
Kim

Yes, LaToc is Sandals St. Lucia Golf Resort Spa .

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Kim

St.Lucia Golf Resort also has Bluff suite with there own private plung pools.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 10:17 AM
Mary

The south is more lush and hilly but I felt isolated and I got bored. And in no way is the north "ugly." For what it's worth, both Sandals are in the north and Jalousie is in the south. If you're going for peace and quiet and total relaxation (which it sounds like you are), stay in the south. If not, I'd suggest staying in the north and taking a day trip to the south to take in the sights.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Ashley

Stayed at Jalousie in July 2001. I recommend it over the north end resorts. It's a truly, beautiful and unique setting at Jalousie. I've never been to Sandals, but they seem so commercialized and a bit cheesy (sorry!). See my hotel rave on Jalousie on here for more info.

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 11:40 AM
jodi

Jalousie is best resort on island. Much quieter, but so much prettier. We went there for our honeymoon last week and were glad we did once we saw the other places. They have the nicest beach and very private villas. It is very expensive so plan to spend some money.