St. Maarten & Day Trip to Anquilla

Old Apr 27th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Maarten & Day Trip to Anquilla

We will be in St Maarten in October and want to take a day trip to Anguilla. We will take the ferry and I am wondering if someone could recommend a taxi driver or tour company that can give a tour of the island. Is there anything right where the ferry drops you off? Beach? Restaurants?
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 10:22 AM

I would recommend Christian. I don't have a last name, but he is usually at the ferry site. I apologize for not more information, but I have his card at home and can bring it tomorrow.
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 04:21 PM

I would suggest Nell....he's usually at the ferry site too...his sister makes homemade tarts - she lives on Anguilla - they'll swing by and see if she has any - they are awesome - Nell is very nice - knows Anguilla - is trustworthy and reasonable.....
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Original Poster

Do you have any idea what the cost would be?
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 03:53 PM

Hmm - quite reasonable for the entire day - $30-40 (if my memory is right - per person - negotiate with him) - which included the ride to the beach - a detour to get a tart from his sister(which was yummy) and him coming back hours later - on time - to get us to the ferry for the last ride back. I'll also say a year later I returned to St. Maarten with my sisters - we took the ferry over to Anguilla (btw - we went to Shoal Bay East Elodias and the walked around the corners to Gwens - great walk and place- which in my opinion is nicer than Shoal Bay West) Nell was there (by happenstance) a year later and he took great care of us a 2nd time!