I was hoping to get some suggestions on islands to stay on during the months of August, September or October. I realize this is peak hurricane season, but I wasn't sure if there was a time within these 3 months, which would be better than the others i.e. would have less rain, less chance of hurricanes.
I stayed in Playa Del Carmen in the first week of September and it rained every day for a large chunk of the day. Next year I am hoping to visit somewhere that has less rain and more sunshine!
I would prefer an island with some good snorkeling spots right off the beaches. Lush jungles would be great too!
Any insight you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 2 Havana restaurants
- 3 Currency Americans Should Bring to Cuba
- 4 Family Vac in March
- 5 A Week In Cuba
- 6 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 7 private Havana Cuba tours from cruise ship
- 8 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 9 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 10 Christmas vacation
- 11 NYE in Punta Cana
- 12 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 13 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 14 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 15 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 16 Abaco day trips
- 17 BEWARE of TU Bahamas Rentals
- 18 Caneel Bay in St. John?
- 19 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 20 Yoga & Surf vacation for my family
- 21 St Croix at Christmas with small children
- 22 Grand Cayman Beaches
- 23 Barbados Cruise to Airport
- 24 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 25 sailing the Abacos