Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

all inclusive with tennis focus for teen?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for recommendations on an all inclusive resort that would appeal to a 17 year old boy and also have a good tennis program for spring break, 2004. Due to calendaring issues, only one parent would be able to go with him so an ideal place would give him enough options, freedom and safety to enjoy his time while the parent can lounge or do whatever they choose to do. We'd be going the third week of March. Thanks
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 05:41 PM

We were in St. Thomas in February and stayed at the Wyndham Sugar Bay. They offered a beautiful tennis court, although I don't know if they actually have a tennis program. It's an AI that offered the perfect tropical vacation. The beach was a bit small, however, it is not accessible from other properties, thus, very safe. And the the pool was great. Lots of hospitality, great accomodations and truly wonderful desserts! Your son could have plenty of freedom and still be creating memories.
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 07:45 PM
Original Poster

thanks, I'll look into that. Wondering if anyone has tried the Sandals, Superclubs, etc that I see advertised?
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 03:26 AM

My husband and I take a tennis vacation every year, and I've found the most valuable resource for finding tennis programs is the website www.tennisresorts.com. It covers the Caribbean and Bahamas, as well as the U.S., from a tennis perspective, but also discusses other amenities.
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 05:34 AM

I replied to your inquiry on the U.S. forum, but in case others are interested: check out Club Med Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. It has a tennis intensive program and consistently gets great reviews. Although many of the Beaches, Sandals programs have tennis courts, I don't know of any that have a structured tennis program.