Is my heart going to be broken?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2005, 11:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My favorite restaurant in the whole world is/was the Crow's Nest in Grand Cayman. Many a happy evening was spent there in the company of friends. I have heard conflicting reports that the restaurant is open/not open from the hurricane. Can anyone confirm the fate of the Crow's Nest for me? I'd really appreciate it - especially if you are the one to tell me it is still there!
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 11:38 AM

I truely hope it is still there as we also have eaten there several times these past years
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 07:42 PM

Brace yourself... I am sorry to tell you that Crows Nest was damaged beyond repair and has been demolished.

I have no idea if anyone has plans to rebuild it... sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 11:55 AM

I just got back from GC yesterday and we were disappointed a couple of restaurants were closed or gone. Wanted to try the Cracked Conch but it was sold and is being remodeled. However I heard excellent things about Papagallo which is close to where we stayed. The Wharf was very good as was Deckers and both have nice atmospheres. Also ate at Restaurante Ragazzi for thin Italitan style wood fired pizza and it was very good. This was near the Hyatt in Buckingham Square.
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 12:14 PM

Don't worry, there are still lots of great restaurants in Cayman
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 11:05 AM

Check out Edoardos and Deckers. Both excellent choices. If you are on the east end try the restaurant at the Reef Resort (Castros Hideaway). Great view upstairs and if you pick the right night you can enjoy Barefoot Man (kind of like Jimmy Buffet). The Reef Grille was always good but I have not been here since their rebuilding following Ivan. Also, the restaurants at the Ritz should be opening soon and I'm sure there will be some good choices there, just not as quaint as some of the others. Bon appetit!