is cuisinart a family resort???

Aug 2nd, 2003, 05:28 PM
Original Poster

is cuisinart a family resort???

my travel agent is trying to sell us on cuisinart, saying it will be great for my family...I know there are no planned children's activities...mine are 4and 10, we are travelling with other families...children ranging in age from 1 - 12....will my kids be bored here???
Aug 3rd, 2003, 09:08 AM

During my trip to Anguilla, we went to CuisinArt twice for meals, and I saw no kids there, and would not say that the resort appeared to be a good choice for children.
It seemed like most of the guests were older, and the atmosphere there was upscale and quiet. (Not to say kids should not be at an upscale property.)
In general, Anguilla's main draw is the gorgeous beaches, and other than that, there's not really much to keep kids occupied as far as organized activites anywhere.
Aug 3rd, 2003, 09:47 AM

It really depends on the time of the year, lots of kids at many times. I have even seen kids get milk at the beach bar. We stayed there one spring, quite a few families. It is definitely not for adults only. True, you can make family time with your own planned activity, such as a day trip out with Junior on his glass bottom boat, or trying a new beach everyday. It really depends what you are looking for.
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:02 AM
Original Poster

thanks...i think we've decided against cuisinart, in favor of malliouhana...they have a kids pool, and playground...i feel there's a little something to keep them busy on the resort...
Aug 4th, 2003, 05:10 AM
OT

I think you are making the right choice with Malliouhana, the Kid's Adventure playground and pool area is great! In addition to the Pirate Ship there is also table tennis and basketball nets in the pool.

Penny has already mentioned Junior Fleming with his Jr. Glass Bottom Boat, and I second that recommendation. He is very knowledgeable, and is wonderful with children.
In addition to the sightseeing and snorkelling trips he also runs 1/2 day trips for children (max. 10 children and they must be resonably good swimmers), taking them to Prickly Pear island for BBQ and snorkelling at various spots, and if they are lucky they might see Dolphins in the wild! My two boys (now 12 and 17) think he is great and has spent may happy days in his company.

You can book him thru Malliouhana and I am sure he can collect you from the beach there.

And I plead with you not to go to the Dolphin "Prison" at the opposite end of Meads Bay, it is horrible and a disgrace to a beautiful island.
Aug 4th, 2003, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

OT: what is the dolphin "prison" that you are referring to???