Notices

Is Cuba Safe: Guantanamo Bay???

Jan 17th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Alex

Is Cuba Safe: Guantanamo Bay???

We are thinking of going to Cuba in late Feb but with the current situation in Guantanamo Bay we are having second thoughts. Do you think it would be safe? I know that Cuba is a pretty big place but I still feel uneasy about the whole thing. Am I being foolish?

Jan 17th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Diana

Cuba is safe. I have family there and have been there several times. Guantanamo Bay is far from anywhere you'd want to be. I suggest you go to Havana and a beach resort either in Varadero or to Callo Coco. American tourists are welcome and I think you'll find the Cubans warm, friendly and humorous.

Jan 17th, 2002, 11:36 PM
xxx

Guantanamo bay is a high security military installation. You have no business being any where near there. Also have you checked with the State Department about visiting Cuba? As americans can visit they cannot spend any money. So how do you plan on paying for meals, hotels, etc.Before you start posting inaccurate messages on this board do some research about Cuba and how to get there. The Guantanomo Bay comment is somewhat disturbing since it is a military installation , Could you possibly be a terrorist planning something. As your post is aimed at gathering information about a military installation which is illegal. It can be considered a national security issue.

Jan 18th, 2002, 04:28 AM
bert

Dear xxx. First, nationalities other than Americans read and post to this board. Second, if you do a search for Guantanamo Bay using any comprehensive engine, you will get an amazing array of hits ... don't think a question poster here could be regarded as a security risk!!!

Alex: Cuba is still safe. The terrorists are well guarded. The U.S. military establishment at Guantanamo Bay is very secure. There are probably more undiscovered terrorists per capita in the US than in Cuba. Don't be discouraged or misled by those who probably haven't even set foot on Cuban soil. It's an amazing country ... and the beaches and resorts are world class. Do try to get a tour to Havana .. an incredible city with ongoing reconstruction by young craftspeople learning the skills of years past. Enjoy your vacation!

Search this Thread