Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   IS Breezes MOBAY really that bad? (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/is-breezes-mobay-really-that-bad-152772/)

pretty Jan 8th, 2003 07:59 PM

IS Breezes MOBAY really that bad?

My friend and I are in our twenties and this is our last Spring Break in college. We were all booked for Hedo II in NEgril but it is way expensive when we found out we could save 500 dollars and go to Breezes. I have been to Ocho Rios but she hasnt ever been to JAmaica. I havent stayed at one of the super all inclusives. I have read so many mixed reviews on Breezes but for the money we are saving will we just really hate it?

tivertonhouse Jan 9th, 2003 05:07 AM

Depends on what you want...are you trying to avoid springbreakers or party-hearty? Negril will be party=time tho nowhere as bad as Cancun for Spring Break. Hedo II in Negril will put you in the heart of the action, with one superb beach as the draw; MoBay pales by comparison unless Marguerittaville is your cup of tea -- it's pretty young/dreads and water-trampolines kind of stuff. Negril would be more rewarding for your friend who's never been on island. If you can find another place than Hedo in Negril for less, by all means do Negril. (go to www.jamaicans.com--the bulletin board section, westside wanderings, for a recent posting by OHLIZ, the moderator,<BR>that lists EVERY place one end of beach to other, excluding the cliffs on the West End and post a query with what you really want for a hotel and cost--you'll get good input)

cdt Jan 9th, 2003 05:08 AM

I'd rather save the $500 by choosing a less expensive place in Negril - perhaps a non-inclusive.<BR><BR>

melissa Jan 9th, 2003 06:11 AM

I have seen breezes mobay and i hated it. it is more of a hotel then a resort. it is right downtown, and very noisy (traffic, planes) if you want to stay at a breezes, try breezes runaway bay. I stayed there in nov '01 and it was pretty nice. I liked it. If you want to stay right in mobay, i would choose the sunset beach resort. much nicer and still all inclusive

mierin Jan 9th, 2003 11:29 AM

Well I will shy you away from Hedonism II even though I am a regular there. If you want bang for your buck you could go with superclubs supersurprise and eliminate breeze mobay. It's like on the main road and I mean less than a sidewalk from you to the main airport road in Montego Bay. There are numerous small resorts in Negril that can be had for around 500 or less for both of you for the week, take the grand in extra it would cost you to go AI and you have almost 100/ per day for food and drink. Negril has good nightlife and lots of area attractions nearby. Course the alternative is to go AI spend the extra 500 and have no worries of cost but realize that if you go with the attitude of I spent too much to be here, most likely you will hate it.

pretty Jan 9th, 2003 11:41 AM

We do not really party party, but the option would be nice. I hear that we should go to Runaway BAy instead. I also heard taht the doctors cave beach is nice that is in front of Breezes. At this point we can change to Runaway Bay but not Hedo. We are staying with Superclubs

melissa Jan 10th, 2003 05:37 AM

Then I would advise Runaway bay instead of mobay. Runaway bay is a bit remote, but it is quite, relaxing, nice beach, awsome snorlking and scuba. Golf is included. My BF took a free golf school there, and loved it. We had a pretty good time.