Reload this Page >

Is Bermuda as nice as 15 ago?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 08:36 AM
me

Is Bermuda still as nice as it was 15 years ago? We went there on our honeymoon and are wondering if it's the same. We stayed at South Hampton Princess.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 09:54 AM
Brad

Is anyplace the same as it was 15 years ago?

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 10:45 AM
me

Sure, many places have gotten better.<BR>Lots of places in Europe, Bahamas (used to be worse than it is now), etc.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 11:51 AM
Heisenberg

But if it's gotten better, then it's not the same, now is it?

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 02:21 PM
Susan

Geez! You guys love to nit-pick... & so do I! "Gotten" is not a word!<BR><BR>I think that "Me" wants to know if it is still "nice"...it cld. be "the same" in its "niceness" but different in the way it delivers the "niceness" ("niceness" BTW is probably not a word!)

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 04:30 PM
Webby

I love to nitpick also, Susan.<BR><BR>And "gotten" is most definitely a word.<BR>It's the past participle of "get".<BR>Get it?<BR><BR>(Recall the phrase "ill gotten gains").

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 11:24 PM
yes

"Me"<BR>Bermuda is absolutely wonderful.<BR>I haven't seen it 15 years ago, only recently and love it to the point of<BR>wanting to live there ! (if I could<BR>only afford it).<BR>Have a wonderful time if you decide to go. <BR>

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 03:50 PM
Susan

Very interesting , Webby Deek @ Shunnary! I actually looked this one up & guess what? We're both right!<BR>In US the pp of 'get' is 'gotten'. I live in Canada where the pp is 'got'.<BR>(PS is there a forum for people like us to go & chat about these things?<BR>something like www.correctgrammar.com???)

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:25 PM
Webby

I don't know if there is such a forum, Susan, but if so I'd only visit it anonymously.<BR>Being discovered as a word and grammar geek would ruin my real world reputation.<BR>It's simply a character flaw, I guess.<BR>Oh well. Certainly worse flaws exist.<BR>At least I'm not an axe murderer like that Mike Myers you have up there.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 05:00 AM
Mike Meyers

What me an axe murderer? I thought I was a movie star making such classics as Austin Powers, etc. Oh, well OK, I admit the movies are so bad that making someone sit through them is almost as bad as taking an axe to their head. Talk about ill got/gotten gains!