Reload this Page >

Is Atlantis a Nice Place to Stay?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 1999, 05:27 PM
Kerry Phibbs

My wife and I are planning a trip to Atlantis in January and were wondering if the service and prices are as bad as we have read in these messages? We are starting to get nervous about going there!!!!!

Old Sep 22nd, 1999, 07:00 AM
tweedy

Food prices at ATlantis are a bit high, but you have so many options on Paradise Island you should not have a problem. <BR> <BR>I have heard alot of problems with charges to rooms, so keep up to date with the charges on your TV screen and you shouldn't have a problem when you check out. <BR> <BR>PI has alot of restaurants and shopping very close to the complex and you might want to go to the grocery store there and buy a few munchies and soda to keep in your room for convenience. <BR> <BR>Enjoy ATlantis, it is an amazing complex. <BR> <BR>tweedy

Old Sep 22nd, 1999, 11:17 AM
pl

We were there in March. Great place for adults and children, but very expensive. It is very easy to spend $100 on a meal. We could not find a late nite "bite" to eat on our first nite. There are several places to eat, but all are pricey. We did not have problems with bills or our room, but heard alot of complaints from other guests.

Old Sep 28th, 1999, 08:40 AM
Sissy

We went to the Atlantis in May and prior to our trip all we heard about was the horrible service and HIGH prices. We expected the worst. We were so surprised by the great service we received. The prices for meals are a little bit high -- but well within a normal resort range. We went off of the property for dinner twice and paid the same price and had horrible food. (we obviously picked the wrong restaurants -- as we understand it there are a lot of great restaurants on the island). If you try to compare the prices to a restaurant from home -- it will seem expensive. But I just got back from a business trip in Kansas City where I paid $35.00 for dinner at the Marriott room service. That was more than I spent for dinner most nights at the Atlantis. There are some expensive restaurants on site and there are some reasonable ones. Have a great time -- and don't sweat it; expect to pay for a normal trip to a resort.

Old Oct 1st, 1999, 04:06 AM
Gail

I was at Atlantis for a week in July. Service was fine, but the restaurants in the Atlantis itself were VERY expensive.You can eat at the Cafe,or Deli, or the buffets for a very reasonable price. However, if you want to eat at the finer restaurants get ready to spend BIG BUCKS. We were on the gourmet meal planwhich is no longer available) so it didn't matter to us, but the actual costs of our dinners for two (with only one glass of wine each) was never lower than $120, and went as high as $195. <BR>We had a great time. <BR>Enjoy!! <BR> Gail