Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Is anyone planning on travelling to Playa Giron over the next few months?

Mar 26th, 2018, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

I was in Playa Giron around 10 days ago and unfortunately left my mobile phone in the last casa we stayed in. By the time I realised we were half way back to Havana to drop off the hire car so it wasn't possible to go back. I wondered if anyone was planning a trip there soon who would be prepared to drop into the casa to pick it up for me and then post it to me once back in the UK. I understand that postage from Cuba is very expensive and unreliable, otherwise I would ask the casa owners to send it back directly to me. If anyone is willing to do this for me I would be very grateful. It is only an old phone but has all my contacts on it and also memory card with lots of photos. Of course, I would pay the necessary postage and would also be happy to give advice about your upcoming trip, if required!
Jun 23rd, 2018, 07:49 AM

I think a good Idea could be , write to some house there, and they can send you the mobile using DHL agency.
You can send them the money using Western Union.
It could be a good idea.. I think.
Good look !
Jun 25th, 2018, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your reply but do you know whether DHL actually operate in Cuba? When I tried looking this up online I found it very confusing. As you probably know, an awful lot of companies can't do business in Cuba due to the US trade embargo. If you have any definite information on this, I would be very keen to hear from you.