Search

Is 700.00 a night worth the view?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is 700.00 a night worth the view?

Hi,
Thinking of staying at either Pompano Beach in a deluxe room or at The Reefs, but wondering if $700.00 a night which includes breakfast, dinner and room tax is really worth it?
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 10:48 AM

Worth is relative, basically what someone is willing to pay.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound difficult!

For ex., I think it's worth $1000 a night for some resorts in Anguilla and Turks and Caicos, some places in Mexico to me aren't worth $150.

So really, without knowing more about you, hard to answer!

Sorry!
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 11:05 AM

Both are very nice properties. The views from pretty much any place on the South Shore are spectacular.
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 11:10 AM
KVR

I agree, it's really your decsion if you want to pay that much. Personally, I probably wouldn't. One time we had the option of a garden room vs. an ocean view room in Mexico for a $400 price difference. No way!
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 12:52 PM

Yes, like the others I think only you can answer the question as it is really "Is it worth it to YOU?" Besides you didn't give us the actual price differential (you only told us the room with the view is $700/night).

In my experience many people who ask "Is it worth it?" are usually somewhat budget conscienous. If that describes you than, in all probably, the answer is NO, it's not "worth it". On the other hand, if the cost differential doesn't mean much to you, that YES, it's "worth it".

In this case you'd be paying for the location of the room and the view - all other resort amenities will be the same regardless of the room category. So, if you can enjoy a vacation knowing you spent "top dollar" on the room then by all means get the better room with the view. If it will bother you to spend the "extra" amount then opt for the less expensive room.
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 03:48 AM

Factor the cost of dinner, breakfast and room tax and subtract that from the $700. Look at it that way and see how you feel. I haven't stayed at Pompano, but I got married at the Reefs and spent the night there - waking up in the morning and having coffee on my balcony looking out at that gorgeous view was so wonderful. And I don't think there's a room WITHOUT a view at The Reefs.
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 05:01 AM

Personally, I think The Reefs is in a higher class than Pompano. Also, Bermuda is expensive, so having breakfast and dinner included, plus taxes, adds real value. And I am one of those people who thinks a water view is very important. But I agree with all the others that it is a very personal decision and depends on your priorities and budget and how you vacation. If you spend significant time in your room in the daytime, then the view might be more important. FYI, I had dinner at The Reefs years ago and it was the one of the best dinners we have ever had. I have also stayed at its sister property, Nisbet Plantation, which is really well run and one of our favorite resorts.
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone... I was thinking 700.00 a night including breakfast, dinner and tips and gratuity was a o.k. for Bermuda. We were there 15 years ago and know that its pricey.
Was actually looking for a 3 night get away from NY end of may beginning of June so thought Bermuda wasn't that far away then the other islands...
Any other suggestions for a 3 night get away?
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 06:41 AM

WE HAVE BEEN GOING TO POMPANO BEACH FOR THE LAST SEVERAL YEARS MOSTLY IN MAY FOR OUR ANNIVERSARY. WE REALLY ENJOYED STAYING THERE. IN THE BEGINNING WE WOULD HAVE A PARIAL OCEANVIEW UP ON THE HILL. YHE VIEW IS IMPORTANT TO ME SO THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS WE HAVE PAID FOR VIEW AND IT IS WORTH IT. THE FEW EXTRA DOLLARS FOR THE VIEW HAS BEEN WORTH IT. AGAIN IT IS YOUR CHOICE BUT THE RESORT IS GREAT AND SO ARE THE VIEWS.