INTERNET CAFE IN TORTOLA

Search

INTERNET CAFE IN TORTOLA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
INTERNET CAFE IN TORTOLA

I'll be anxious to phone my daughter once we get off our one-week sail. Is there any internet cafes there to call? I know there were some in St. Maarten when we were there - they cost way less to call.
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:20 AM

There aren't many internet cafes in the British Virgin Islands since almost everyone gets service through their hotel. The only one we list in our guide is in Trellis Bay, which is far from where the cruise ship will put you ashore. There are some hotels in Road Town, and if you have a laptop with you a lot of them have Wi-Fi. You might also be able to ask to use their internet for a fee, but I doubt you'll be able to use Skype (they won't have a headset, for example).
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 07:25 AM

"Cruise ships dock at Wickhams Cay 1 in the capital of Tortola, Road Town. A tender will bring you to the pier, as the port is not deep enough to anchor a cruise ship. The pier, constructed in the mid-1990s, is new and quite elegant by pier standards. You arrive and are only a pleasant five-minute walk to Main Street, the real activity center of Tortola." - bvi guide site

Serendipity Bookshop & Internet Cafe:
151 Main St
Road Town
Tortola
VG1110
British Virgin Islands
284-494-5865
friends have used serendipity for work stuff.
Old Jun 30th, 2009, 05:13 AM

Serendipity Bookshop & Internet Cafe has wifi and their own machines. I use Skype there all the time but they only have a couple of headsets (people steal them apparently). It isn't busy so you can usually get one straightaway. Its the only internet cafe in Tortola with Skype. Nice food too, paninis and wraps, espresso that sort of thing.

On the way out, go down the backstairs straight into the bookshop for some aircon comfort.
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 07:13 AM

Try this place, its located in Road Town, Tortola. Close to Village Cay Marina.

Bits n Pieces Cafe
Catherine Christopher Building, Wickham's Cay I
Road Town, Tortola
Tel: (284) 494-5954
Fax: (284) 494-7055
[email protected]

Internet Services $3 for 15 minutes, $5 for 30 minutes - Free book swap - Cold Drinks - Faxing $1 per min - Copies $0.25 - Long Distance Calling available.
Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 07:58 AM

Just been back to Tortola - always a lovely sail. I tried a new internet cafe in Village Cay but it was very expensive and when the browser froze it took nearly ten minutes before anyone came to fix it and I still had to pay.

I went to Bits n Pieces but there wasn't any Skype, so back to Serendipity. That is $2.50 for 15 mins. There was a deal of $1.50 cup of coffee and a home-made cookie to go but the kid serving let me sit and have it there (but I couldn't resist a Christmas panini of cranberry and brie, very unusual, very nice). btw if you have your own machine, the Wifi is free - they just ask you buy a drink or something to eat.