Interesting Article on USVI in today's Atlanta Paper

Old Aug 3rd, 1999, 07:44 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Interesting Article on USVI in today's Atlanta Paper

You can get it on the web (today only I think - 8/3/99) at:

http://www.accessatlanta.com/partner...y/news_12.html

Old Aug 3rd, 1999, 09:20 AM
sandi

thanks, Brian, I read it. I do want to add that from our trip there this past April, it appears that St. Croix isn't doing well financially in general, besides the landfill/trash problem. I was in the K-Mart (what a godsend those stores are when traveling, when you need cheap basics!) as the governor announced on radio that no government employee would get paid on Friday, because they didnt have the money! The people were asked to be patient until the following week, when they would get all due. Boy, I was happy to get out of the way, after hearing the groans in the store! I am very surprised that this apparently can and does happen in the USVI !

Old Aug 3rd, 1999, 09:20 AM
sandi

thanks, Brian, I read it. I do want to add that from our trip there this past April, it appears that St. Croix isn't doing well financially in general, besides the landfill/trash problem. I was in the K-Mart (what a godsend those stores are when traveling, when you need cheap basics!) as the governor announced on radio that no government employee would get paid on Friday, because they didnt have the money! The people were asked to be patient until the following week, when they would get all due. Boy, I was happy to get out of the way, after hearing the groans in the store! I am very surprised that this apparently can and does happen in the USVI !

Old Aug 3rd, 1999, 09:22 AM
sandi

Old Aug 3rd, 1999, 09:25 AM
sandi

I do apologize for the triple post! Fodors gave me a "we"re sorry" numerous times while I tried to send the original msg., couldnt tel it was successful!