Very Confused with honeymoon options

Old Jan 6th, 2000, 07:39 AM
Luke Johnson

Very Confused with honeymoon options

I am getting married in early june and I havent got a clue on where we should go for our honeymoon. I have looked a little, but have become overwelmed in the numerous possibilities. Not only where to go, but whether to do all-inclusive or not. My fiance and I enjoy beach seclusion, but also love to shop and go out on the town. Any suggestions would be wonderful. Thanks, Luke

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 03:51 PM
Joe Raphael

Luke I think the best place that combines what you want is St. John for the beaches, beauty and privacy, and a day in St. Thomas should take care of the shopping. If you want an all inclusive honeymoon package than I suggest SANDALS IN ST. LUCIA.

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 04:20 PM
cara

I think all inclusives are the best because you never have to worry about carrying around money.You dont have to constantly monitor your belongings on the beach because you don't need money. You dont have to worry about tips and you can do all your watersports as many times as you want. Were going to Sandals Antigua in Feb. we heard that the beach better than St. Lucia they say the water is clearer and you can tell also because St. lucia has a hugepool because the water isn't the best I've heard from travel agents but I definetley plan to go there regardless in the future.Sandals Antigua won the reward for best Honey moon resort so I figure that must mean something. Good luck!!

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 10:14 PM
Bob

I think the French side of St. Martin will fill the bill for you!!

Old Jan 8th, 2000, 05:45 AM
Karen

If you decide to do all-inclusive, be sure to check out the quality of the food and if most are buffets and how much of a "savings" that it is! An advantage is the included liquor if you are into partying ... but if not, it may not be as "inexpensive" as you think! First decide on a budget and then look ... try to eliminate some choices that way! Next, look at what is included ... there are some great packages out there (especially "off season") at great places that include water sports and some activities. Do you want beach front? Does a hi rise air conditioned glitzy place appeal or do you want laid back seclusion most of the time? Do you want luxurious pampering or are you happy with bigger places that offer lots of activities and things to do? Try to narrow some of your musts and list your wants and make a list. This is when a good travel agent can be a good resource for options ... especially picking islands. We all have our favorites and what fits us! You have to decide what fits you and your travel schedule and your budget! Anguilla ... great beaches, great food but not cheap (plus the impact of Lenny on some places!) BVI's ... Virgin Gorda, etc. great beaches, good snorkling, some wonderful places and you can trip to the other islands (no shopping!). Same is true for St. Thomas/St. John ... easy to get between the islands and St. Thomas might fit your budget better and there are more places on STT to "party" hardy and shop! There are sooooo many! Each island is very unique and it is hard to pick just one especially for someone else - that's why it can be helpful to talk to an agent who can steer in a couple of directions if you don't know what your "ideal" spot would be!

Old Jan 9th, 2000, 06:16 AM
Michel

Hi Luke - To help you narrow things down, perhaps you should indicate how much you're willing to spend, how long you would like to stay (ie. one or two weeks...). Just a thought. <BR>