Search

Couple or Swept Away

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2003, 11:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple or Swept Away

I am having trouble picking between the two. Both seem great but which one is better as far as:<BR><BR>Beach<BR>Food<BR>Rooms (balcony)<BR>Night Life (at the resort and off; easy access)<BR><BR>Any other opinions would be help full.<BR>Also we are going in August, any problem with that time of year. (I know it's the begining of Hurricane season.<BR><BR>Thanks
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 01:09 PM

I can tell you Swept Away is located on the main beach so has very easy access to nightlife off the resort (head for water, turn left). I think you'll need a taxi from Couples to get to that area.
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 04:29 AM
Original Poster

Are there any other opinions? Has anyone been to both. I have searched the message board and read all of the reviews. Does anyone have any new insites?
Old Apr 12th, 2003, 04:50 AM

Yes, we have been to both. Beach is best at Swept Away. Food is good at both. Rooms are good except SA the bathroom walls don't go all the way to the ceiling... leaving open air effect.<BR>SA is a quieter more romantic place.<BR>Balconies are good there. Grounds are beautiful and workout facilities are really nice. Nightlife at this resort ends early very low key. No tv in rooms.<BR>Geared toward quieter romantic mood. More like a tropical getaway and less party oriented.<BR>We love Couples Negril too. Overall upbeat, friendly, larger. It has a small clothing optional area. It is more modernized property. Great excursions and good staff. <BR>You could split the week and do both.<BR>Or if u go to SA and don't like it they will move u if avaialability most likely.
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 10:44 AM

Have only been to SA but went twice several years ago and loved it. The beach is wonderful and incredibly spacious. Was in Negril last week - didn't stay at SA because you do not do Jamaica justice at an all inclusive - but walked past SA and the beach looks better and bigger than ever.
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 02:01 PM

I don't know between the two, but I'll be finding out! We stayed at SA and everything said in this thread is true. I wonder...if we find that we liked SA better than CN, does that move thing work the other way? Someone said the beach was better at SA. What makes it better than the one at CN. How much &quot;louder&quot; or more &quot;noisy&quot; is CN?

We're headed that way in July.