Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   I'm safety conscious but hate to stand around and wait (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/im-safety-conscious-but-hate-to-stand-around-and-wait-213660/)

John Lepage Dec 8th, 2001 03:39 AM

I'm safety conscious but hate to stand around and wait

I'm safety conscious but hate to stand around and wait when I'm supposed to<BR>be on a vacation<BR>Instead of spending hours waiting to get on the plane then more time waiting around to get my luggage afterwards, I found a real solution. Virtual Bellhop will come to my house in San Francisco, pick up my luggage and then deliver it directly to my hotel in New York City. I no longer need to wait to check in at the airport or to collect my bags from the carousel at the end of my flight. They also agreed to do it when I go to the family reunion in Boston in June. A real great service.<BR>www.virtualbellhop.com<BR>

penny Dec 8th, 2001 05:09 AM

Great info! I had read something about this in WSJ or Times quite a few months ago and could not remember details.

xxx Dec 8th, 2001 05:35 AM

I used virtualbellhop once and it was horrible. One of my bags was lost and the other was looted. They also missed my flight. The company offered me only $50 compensation.

NotaFool Dec 8th, 2001 09:47 AM

how much are you getting paid by them to advertise on Fodors, you've spammed every board? Maybe you should change your name to virtualliar.

Karen Dec 8th, 2001 10:37 AM

I'm oonfused. So you ship the bag as cargo? Actually I find it just as easy to mail the contents to myself at times and then I have even less hassle and one less opportunity to loose it.

Scott Dec 10th, 2001 09:24 AM

$50 bucks just so I don't have to check in bags, and wait a few minutes at baggage claim...GET REAL!! I'll check my own bags, and collect them at the other end. Maybe the people that don't have the patience to wait for, and check baggage on vacation need to learn how to relax. I just never thought it was so tough to deal with where I felt I need to pay someone $50 bucks to deal with it. Sorry, I'll spend that $50 on something much more worth it. Just one mans opinion that only spends $5-10 bucks for tips to handle my luggage.

Sammy Dec 10th, 2001 09:48 AM

$5-10 bucks for tips to handle my luggage? GET REAL! I'll handle my own bags. I just never thought it was so tough to deal with where I felt I need to pay someone $5-10 bucks to deal with it. Sorry, I'll spend that $5-10 on something much more necessary, like a chill pill.

atetecheck Dec 10th, 2001 10:07 AM

Fyi-there is a whole group of the famous 1% that have been sending golf clubs and other heavy items by Fed X to there travel spots for years. Great idea-and I think the 50 bucks are well worth it!!

Ronnie Dec 10th, 2001 01:59 PM

He did not pay $50 for the servixe, he was offered that for compensation! I looked at the website, Did not det a quote though, seems that there are different levels of servixe! The cheapeset being 3 day delivery! Same day you fly is a premium! Good luck. Maybe they will travel for you next if you don't like wasting the time in the air!<BR>Ronnie