Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

I'm looking for a "place" on the beach with palm trees, a beach bar, etc. etc.

Aug 22nd, 2002, 03:19 PM
Tobman

Since the post is gone I can't remember who gave me suggestions but thanks.

I got a couple of good suggestions from my grass shack post. I knew about Sandcastle in the BVI, that is close to what I'm looking for. I just wanted to see what else is out there.

Sandals Antigua "rondels" or something like that. I'll have to see what I can find out.

Jake's in Jamaica sounded "interesting" but I don't know if I'd take a chance without much more research and info. I did look at the site.

There are places like what I described in Honduras but I'm not crazy about the idea of going to Honduras. The "grass shack" may have been a stretch but I think most people understood what I meant. To fodors and the folks who accused me of trolling, get out a little, there are places like what I described.

Aug 23rd, 2002, 04:16 AM
Sally

I do apologize - I may have been one of those who accused you of trolling. The reason was that you mentioned the word 'waterfall'. I saw only later that you meant it as a joke... This is probably also the reason your thread was deleted; there have been endless questions here about waterfalls and they were all 'troll posts' - very annoying for the people who are asking serious questions!

Aug 23rd, 2002, 11:43 AM
Nancy

Travel and Leisure Magazine voted Belize as one of their favorite places to travel, might check out this part of the world.

Aug 23rd, 2002, 06:39 PM
Tobman

Sally,

No problem, thanks for checking back in. I read a waterfall post or two so I thought I'd be funny, apparently it wasn't. Apology accepted.

I never really looked at Sandals until today. If the site is anywhere close to reality I'll pass!!! Looks like a cruise ship on land. If I had to choose between Jake's and Sandals by the info on their sites alone I'd choose Jake's. Throw Sandcastle in the mix and it's no contest, Sandcastle, hands down.

I would like to be down island from the virgins. Any more suggestions for a grass shack on the beach????

I'm going to look at Honduras again and I'll check out Belize. Thanks

Aug 24th, 2002, 03:41 AM
tivertonhouse

Tobman:Go even further south. Recife and the north of Brazil, Buzios/3 hours north of Rio or Angre dos Reis/Parati in the opposite direction from Rio. Book now if you're thinking Jan or Feb,the high season,but have a good agent with connections in Brazil (you also need a visa,the getting of which can be a hassle). For more insight into area Jake's is in -- and probably some more options as well --
investigate the Treasure Beach community Web site at treasurebeach.net

Aug 24th, 2002, 06:31 AM
Tobman

Not quite a grass shack but has anyone heard of Mata Rocks Resort, Belize.

http://www.matarocks.com/

Aug 26th, 2002, 03:33 PM
kay

What is a waterfall post? I why does this word make it suspect?

It appears that the mention of "waterfall" brings about controversy, and I am not trying to start that at all.... I just have not notices this and was wondering why a phrase like this would be so upsetting

(also I am asking this because I dont think it would be too far fetched for me to include the word waterfall in a future question as in "Does the pool have a waterfall?")

Thanks, Kaya