Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

I'm headed to Beaches Negril, What am I in for?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2001, 04:51 PM
Dustin Hall

I'm headed to beaches Negril the last week in June. I have seen the flyers and the web site and it looks great. I'm looking for someone that has been there to let me know what its like. Things like how much is it to parasail and jetski. What should I see off of the resort. I have heard good things about Rick's Cafe(does anyone know how far from beaches Rick's is?). Any inside info would be greatful. If there is anything I should know please reply or e-mail me. <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR>Dustin Hall

Old May 15th, 2001, 05:05 PM
Gab

Lucky you, Dustin! We went to Sandals Negril last winter and loved it. We took the shuttle to Beaches, only 5 minutes away. It was a pretty resort, bigger and less "lush" than Sandals. There were ALOT of kids, all ages. We had left our kids home so were gald we stayed at Sandals. I believe you have to leave the resort, or at least walk past the guard along the beach, to parasail, I am now sure about jetskis. We used the resort's equipment, kayaks, catamarans, and sunfishes. Plenty of avilability and they we teach you if you didn't know how. We took only one excursion, the "Bloody Mary" cruise which was supposed to go to Rick,s. They didn't, they took us to the Pickled Parrot, a complete waste of time. Apparantly, this often happens. I don't know if you are traveling with kids, but if you're not be sure to spend some time at Sandals (you must visit "Handyman Randy" at the main bar and have a dirty banana!). I would say that the food at both the resorts is okay but, not gourmet. Our favorite meal was probably the jerk chicken at the beachgrill with a cold Red Stripe. Hope this helps! Have fun!

Old May 15th, 2001, 06:05 PM
d motl

Cost to Parasail is $25. They have the nice winch style boats. They were home based by Risky Business Disco. <BR>Ricks is about 10 miles away and about $7 by cab. <BR>Even if you are all inclusive be sure to sample the Coa Coa buns and Patty PIes sold by the beach vendors. <BR>Best prices for shopping are at Time Square.

Old May 15th, 2001, 07:50 PM
Dustin Hall

Thanks for the info. I am 22 and I'm traveling with my parents and my 21 year old sister. We are all staying in different rooms, but we are meeting other family with younger kids. Was there anyone there in their younger 20's or was it just parents and young kids? <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR>Dustin

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 09:05 AM

Absolutely love Beaches Negril! Say hello to pool bartenders "Loy" and "Leroy". Have a pina colada special! Ask Loy if she has married Goosie yet? <BR>Goosie is a cool guy who runs the beach sports, they just started dating. They have all been there for years. Really nice staff! <BR>Good luck!

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 09:23 AM
Kim

I have been there and it is wonderful. The beach and sunset is to die for, you can walk for miles.

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 09:24 AM
Kim

Sorry, one more thing it cost us $35pp to parasail.