Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   I'm at CapJ right now (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/im-at-capj-right-now-222213/)

David May 18th, 2002 03:02 PM

I'm at CapJ right now

OK before most of you crusify me for your obvious reasons, Cap J give its guests access to the internet. So we thought while wait for dinner etc we'd do a posting. A little for self gratification, mostly for people who have questions. Anyway this place is great. Perfect water, perfect beach. Our first full day was yesterday, Friday May 17th. <BR><BR>Day 1: Layed out on the beach, worked on our tans and RELAXED. Service is good. George's for lunch was good. Went to Oliver's for dinner. It was good. I use the word "good" for a reason. You'll find out later. <BR>\<BR>Day 2: Anybody who has been here before and stayed in a lower/ground floor room/suite?<BR>Oh the thrill. Since it is all made of concrete you'll remember the lovely sound of the person(s) dragging thier chair accross the verdana. No? Oh, you probably didn't have a couple with their two young children.<BR>They seem so amused at the sound of a metal chair being pushed across a concrete floor. Much to my dismay at 6:30 a.m..<BR>Dinner reservations, gotta go.

anon May 18th, 2002 03:25 PM

Gotta quarter? Call someone that gives a s**t. This board is not for self gratification, I believe that can be achieved other ways. It is not an ego trip. It is a travel board where we help each other, not use it for our own personal bragging tool.

Thanks May 18th, 2002 04:44 PM

maybe the rug rats are leaving today or you can switch rooms? Not my idea of fun having the chairs dragged but the views from the 2nd floor are wonderful! Enjoy all the rest. And hope that the coconut pie at Olivers was the good part but you didn't say where you were going tonight.

Karen May 18th, 2002 10:07 PM

David, is there good snorkeling right off the beach there at CapJ?

David May 19th, 2002 05:39 AM

Message: Thanks ANON, you're exactly NOT the people we're talking too. Other people just might feel this informative. <BR><BR>To the other posts, the entire bay in front of Cap J is great for snorkling! We're venturing off the property today, going to Shoal Bay.<BR><BR>Didn't have dessert at Olivers, too full!<BR><BR>Last night we ate at Pimm's. AWSOME! To much to say about the exact menu. I'll fill you in later.

S May 19th, 2002 06:07 AM

Hi David,<BR>Sounds like I am in the minority-I appreciate your "on-the-scene" reports!!<BR>Thanks for taking the time during your vacation to fill in your friends at fodors.com.<BR>Please keep 'em coming!<BR>Have a wonderful vacation-

anon May 19th, 2002 08:48 AM

If you ARE at Cap and having such a wonderful time and all, why are you spending so much time on the PC?<BR><BR>I appreciate info for info sake, not bragging and that is basically what you are doing.

anon May 19th, 2002 02:14 PM

This is so indicative of the type of guests at CAP. Was sooooooo disappointed in this place. Does not live up to all that hype. So many nicer places to stay!!!!!!!!

oh May 19th, 2002 03:20 PM

anon, like everywhere around the world, there are all types and personalities!<BR>Its not the Sandals or Cruise ship gendre, and even on this all inclusives nice people can travel this route!<BR>Give me a break!

Nancy May 19th, 2002 03:50 PM

OK, I try not to be critical of other's motives who take the time to try to post and be helpful, but this time I gotta agree with anon.<BR>This is such a blatant "I'm here and you're not." David, by your own admission, you knew your purpose was self-aggrandizing. Sheesh!<BR>Why not do like the travelers who actually have some class, and post a trip report when you get back, so people who actually care can get info or ask questions.<BR>I'm with you anon, when I'm on vacation, I don't get anywhere near anything that has an ON-OFF switch except a blender!

e May 19th, 2002 04:06 PM

David, don't let these people spoil your fun. We can live vicariously through you and dream a little and wish WE were there. Enjoy yourself and have a Pina Colada for me.

marcie May 19th, 2002 06:07 PM

ANon:<BR>a) WHile you are in ANguilla, definitely go to Altamer for dinner...it was the best meal we ever had in our lives....10 times better than blanchards/straw hat (around same price though) very 'chichi' restaurant compared to some of the others in Anguilla<BR><BR>b) As you are not 100% happy with Cap, please post some other resorts you feel are 'better'...we are always looking for good ideas...do you know of any other resorts around the same price but are more luxurious, better location......<BR><BR>Please post!!!

anon May 20th, 2002 04:23 AM

Nancy, you are right on the money. He is so full of himself and his trip to Cap that he had to start a second thread on the subject!

anon May 20th, 2002 04:25 AM

Oh, and Nancy, I just love your email address. Every time I see it I laugh. It's so clever.

anon May 20th, 2002 05:50 AM

Nancy and Anon: Will you guys get a grip!! So what if he's posting from Cap. Who gives a flying rat's #$% where he is when he posts? I'd do the same while it's still fresh in my head and I had a few minutes to spare. And I highly doubt he's spending lots of time writing them. Tops, he probably spent a whoppin' 10 minutes. Oh boy, he sure is wasting sweet vacation time. <BR><BR>I'm just happy to hear detailed reports. Much better than the usual "Just returned from so-and-so and had a great time. Any questions?"<BR><BR>Keep 'em comin' David! Most of us (people with level heads, anyway) are enjoying your reports.

Nancy May 20th, 2002 06:40 AM

Ho ho. Looks like at least David's relatives are enjoying his drivel...<BR>By the way "anon," (couldn't you even pick a moniker that someone else has not been using for a very long time and I'm sure does not appreciate your appropriating?), I don't care to hear about him working on his tan (woo, news flash), I don't CARE about the kid waking him up, and I don't CARE to read his inane posts about his freakin' dinner reservations.<BR>Let him come back and post something that will be useful to people thinking of travelling to Anguilla instead of a boring blow by blow of his day. <BR>The entire POST only has one pice of info in it re restaurants.<BR>And, btw, why I am not surprised - "fake" anon - that you would also regale us with the no doubt uninteresting details of your vacation?

anon May 20th, 2002 07:12 AM

Nancy: What the hell is your problem? You make no sense whatsoever. What may not be useful to you may be useful to others, or if not useful, at least somewhat interesting. You don't like it, don't read it. Your holier than thou attitude does not belong here. Take a chill pill before you go over the deep end. Better yet, don't take that chill pill and let's hope you go over the deep end, literally. You are so annoying. <BR><BR>Oh, and ya got me. Anon is a fake name. Not only are you holier than thou but you're smart too. Sucks to be you doesn't it.

Unbelievable May 20th, 2002 07:13 AM

Nancy,<BR>You are the absolute limit! After all your posts about your honeymoon to St John, now you are going to criticize someone else for "his inane posts".<BR>Amazing, truly amazing!

Nancy May 20th, 2002 08:18 AM

First of all you guys have your Nancy's mixed up. I have not posted anything re a St. John honeymoon. <BR>Secondly, "anon," your attempts at sarcasm and insults are so weak - yawn... Ya really cut me to the quick. Y'all with the "Cap Attitude" continue with your Snore-A-Thon. <BR>I'll happily go to a post where there's actually some information as opposed to gratuitous self-indulgence.

Nancy May 20th, 2002 08:23 AM

btw, to the real Anon, thanks for the compliment re screen name...I truly enjoy reading some of your posts too!