Iguana Steakhouse in T&C...any good?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2005, 05:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Traveling with my husband and two boys (9 and 13) to Provo in July and trying to make a list of family type restaurants with good food at reasonable prices. Has anyone eaten at the Iguana Steakhouse....I believe it is in Saltmills. Any other suggestions? Was thinking Tiki Hut, Banana Boat, Calico Jack's, Barefoot Cafe, Aqua Bar, Sharkbites, Danny Buoys. We will be there for a week and would enjoy some evening entertainment, if available. All suggestions welcome.
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 06:29 AM

My husband and I ate at Iguana's last month. It was good, however, it did not have AC and for some reason I was sweating to death more so than the other restaurants we ate at that didn't have AC. It's a little more expensive than your other possibles, with the exception of Aqua Bar.

With kids, I would try to eat more at the other restaurants on your list. I believe that you're staying at Sands, correct? If so, you should walk down to the Bay Bistro at the Sibonne for good lunches (they have a kid's menu). You get the quality of the restaurant without paying the more expensive dinner prices. Also, the view is excellent (it's right on the water) and the waitstaff is very pleasant.
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Original Poster

Thank you mah1980 for your reply and your suggestion about lunch at Bay Bistro. Yes, we are staying at the Sands. Are there any places that deliver? Pizza? Chinese? Just wondering if this is an option.
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 08:18 AM

I'm not sure if there is Chinese that delivers, but I know that Twenty-One North in the Port of Call shops delivers pizza to the hotels on Grace Bay in the evenings. We ate their once and really liked it.

FYI, they have menus to look at for the majority of the restaurants in the lobby of the Sands.

Also, there is a service called Restaurants to Go (http://www.restaurantstogo.tc/) that allows you to get meals from many of the restaurants on the island delivered to your room.

Another option that would be especially attractive with children would be to just order hamburgers and other simple food to go from Hemingway's at the Sands. We did that once or twice; it's a free call from your room and they'll have it ready to pick up within ten minutes. The hamburgers and cheeseburgers are very good, and they also have a children't menu.
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again....not to switch subjects but is Ports of Call within easy walking distance from the Sands? Do you have any experience with the Gecko shuttle?
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 02:42 PM

We used the Gecko shuttle when we visited last month. Click on my screen name for my trip report and you can read about the Gecko shuttle. You can buy unlimited rides for a week at the Sands desk for about $63.

You probably wouldn't want to walk to Iguana's b/c a) people drive crazy their, b) it's not too close, and c) you have children. It will definitely be worth your while to buy the Gecko passes.
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 03:43 PM

We ate at Iguana twice over Memorial Week and loved it! We had steak/pasta one night with awesome ceasar salads and the fish special another night. Great food and service and it had A/C. Killer Mojitos too! =)

Peace, Greenie
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 05:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks mah1908 and Greenie. I think we will try the gecko and the iguana steakhouse.