Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > If you're fed up with all these....try Greece
Notices

If you're fed up with all these....try Greece

Jan 22nd, 2001, 12:23 PM
ZEUS

If you're fed up with all these....try Greece

If you're looking for something really different,Greece is the best place on earth!!!
I'm ready to give any tip,for dreamy holidays...
TRY NOW!!!!

Jun 21st, 2001, 07:44 AM
David

If you are ready to give tips along these lines it would be great:

-where are there ZERO crowds of tacky obnoxious people?

-where are the nicest beaches--c/option preferred--understood that we're not getting white powder sand but want calm clear water and at least decent snorkeling.

-tranquil atmosphere--zero noise and hustle and club mania--need to veg out.

Jun 21st, 2001, 09:10 AM
Mariarosa

Hi Zeus! I would love to hear your recommendations regarding quaint islands to stay in Greece, that offer natural beauty, history and no crowds (I really don't mind taking 3 ferries to get there!). I went to Greece 10 years ago, and it's a great place, the only problem is that the water at the end of July was COLD! If you're used to Caribbean waters, the Aegean never quite warms up (not even in the summer) for those of us used to the Caribbean...But maybe I didn't try the right place?

Jun 22nd, 2001, 07:11 AM
Cousin Oliver

I spent a week on the island of Corfu ten years ago and it was one of my favorite vacatons. It didn't have the classic white washed buildings with cobalt blue roofs but I didnt' care. Small enough island to get around by moped, took me about 20 minutes to cross the small mountains to get to other side of the island where the Pink Palace was. Our group were the only americans. Mostly brittish partying in the clubs and germans playing on the beach. I stayed in the San Stefano hotel. I reached the island by an overnight ferry from Brindisi, Italy.

Search this Thread