Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

If you had to chose 1 place in the caribbean to get married/honeymoon where?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 07:46 AM
eve

My fiancee and I are 28- looking for a quiet intimate wedding/honeymoon (for just the 2 of us).<BR><BR>Looking for:<BR>- a nice resort, maybe AI (Sandals) but have heard bad things<BR>-an area that has stuff to explore<BR>-good places to eat<BR>- looking to spend under $2500 per person for 5-7 days<BR><BR>Please help! Planning in fall or winter....

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 08:04 AM
Mary

For just about that price you can take a very nice cruise in Tahiti/Bora Bora (this summer, airfare is free from LA) on what is rated a "6 star" cruise ship, the Paul Gauguin (Radisson Seven seas). Nothing in the Caribbean rivals Bora Bora for beauty/intimacy/clear water/romance.<BR><BR>For that price you have lots of options.<BR>Why would you want an AI? If you're at all picky, the food is usually mediocre, the rooms usually aren't as nice as non-AI resorts, etc.<BR><BR>Timing is key. Late fall is still hurricane season and low rates can be had (if you want to risk it). By December, rates are way up.<BR>My favorites places for a romantic, luxurious trip to remember are:<BR>Anguilla--Cap Juluca, Malliouhana<BR>Turks/Caicos--Grace Bay Club<BR>Bahamas--Ocean Club<BR>Nevis--Four Seasons<BR>Barbados--Sandy Lane, Glitter Bay<BR>There are lots more great places.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 08:06 AM
mm

Hard choice, but one thing is of the most importance....make sure you choose a place where Ramjet is not going to be...he will gripe about everything and ruin your wedding.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 09:54 AM
Nadine

Let us know if $5,000 is the total budget for everything including air, makes a big difference. Airfares are high. For a total package of $5,000 you might choose a small property like Rex Papillon St. Lucia, Timothy Beach Resort St. Kitts or Qualie Beach Resort, Nevis. These are all small properties.<BR>

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 10:19 AM
Eve

Thanks for offering to help. $5000 is total budget for everything.<BR><BR>Any thoughts on Jamaica? I'm not sure about it....

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 10:31 AM
lulu

Hi. Other people have made some nice suggestions. Cap Jaluca is supposed to be amazing, but you said intimate and I get the feeling it is not intimate. For intimate, I'd go with Biras Creek (Virgin Gorda). Pre 12/15 (when prices climb unbelievably high) there's an all inclusive for approx. $3,100. Check out both biras.com and scubamom.com for more info. Have fun and let us know what you pick.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 11:01 AM
Margo

The small/intimate La Sirena Hotel in Anguilla has very nice suites/rooms situated on a gorgeous beach-4 mins walk thru Gardens. They have a great honeymoon package which includes a car rental for a few days etc. At the Honeymoon rates page online if you scroll to the bottom--there will be information on getting married. Rates are reasonable. This is a well run Swiss owned property. There are excellent restaurants on the island to choose from. Website is la-sirena.com

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 11:33 AM
a Travel Professional

Grand Lido San Souci or Grand Lido Braco in Jamaica.<BR>Weddings are free at these 2.<BR>Beaches Royal Plantation ( I think you have to pay for the wedding).<BR>Casita Room at El Dorado Royale or Jacuzzi Room at El Dorado Resort and Spa for 7 nights give Free Weddings.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 11:48 AM
nyg1965

hi eve,<BR>i went to sandals mo bay for my honeymoon in 1996 have been back to a sandals property every year since my favorite is sandals negril i have never had anything but a great time at any of the sandals properties

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 01:01 PM
Penney

We were married on the yacht at Grand Lido Negril. The resort is beautiful, more luxurious and the yacht provide a unique, private and romantic atmosphere.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 05:39 PM
Rick

The best place to get married is Biras Creek on Virgin Gorda BVI.My wife and I were married there and it was absolutely the best experience of our lives.Don't miss it! Nothing else comes close and we researched them all.Good Luck and Cheers!!! Rick!

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 04:42 AM
Sandra

The rates are less expensive in the Fall and we have found late November or early December to normally be good weather.

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 08:05 AM
Betty

I AM A HONEYMOON PLANNER FOR AMERICAN <BR>EXPRESS VACATIONS. I JUST HAD A COUPLE<BR>GET MARRIED A ST. LUCIA GOLF AND SPA<BR>(WEDDING ARE FREE) IT EXCEEDED THEIR <BR>EXPECTATIONS. THE NEW SANDALS ROYAL <BR>ST. LUCIEN (IT HAS THE BEST BEACH IN <BR>ST. LUCIA) MIGHT ALSO BE A GOOD CHOICE.<BR><BR>I HAVE HAD SEVERAL COUPLES THAT BREAK-UP THEIR HONEYMOON WITH A FEW NIGHTS<BR>AT LADERA (DIFFERENT AREA OF ST. LUCIA)<BR>WITH A SANDALS HONEYMOON. <BR><BR>ST. LUCIA IS AN ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL<BR>TROPICAL ISLAND WITH LOTS TO EXPLORE.<BR><BR>PLEASE E-MAIL ME OR CALL MON-FRI <BR>85428-5511 EX. 232. I WILL BE HAPPY<BR>TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS. <BR><BR>

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 08:13 AM
NO ADS ALLOWED

NO ADVERTISING at Fodor's, Betty<BR>Get your business elsewhere.

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Sandy

If you want small and intimate then you might look into the Ti Kaye Village Resort in St. Lucia. Website is tikaye.com. They will help you arrange your marriage. <BR>The views are spectacular, they have several different packages available. St. Lucia is best Dec. to April.