Reload this Page >

Ideas on marriage proposal at St. Thomas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 01:04 PM
Mike

Vacationing at St. Thomas USVI end of Nov. Plan on proposing marriage while there. Looking for ideas on how/where to propose from people who are familiar with the island. Looking for something memorable and worth a story. Staying at Morningstar/Marriott. Thanks in advance for your help..

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 04:05 PM
Karen

One of the nice things about STT is the proximity to the BVI's and the availability of a sail charter for just the two of you. If you don't want a whole day, maybe a special sail for two to some secluded beach on St. John just at sunset with some champagne or wonderful wine and tastey treats ... bet the captain would love to be in on the "surprise" and might help with ideas. If it is dinner you want with a surprise ending, you might try BlackBeard's with a table for two on the edge of the Terrace overlooking the Town or they do a "special" dinner for two at the top of the castlekeep there (with a hefty surcharge!). Or even on the patio of the Ritz's Cafe - it is a lovely setting with a great view especially if the moon is out full!!! I am sure the staff at any of the resturuants would be happy to be work with you!!! I do like the setting at the Tavern at MorningStar watching the cruise ships leave in the evening!!! if it is snokling on one of the St. John pristine beaches, maybe you could find a shell that just happened to have a ring in it when she examines it after you "found" it!!! Congrats in advance!!!!

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 04:10 PM
ellen

Dag, Karen, you are romantic! You should write a column for the guys. Mike, I think you should do it that way.

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 08:08 PM
Joel

I proposed to my wife of almost 12 years on St. Thomas. We were fortunate to stay at Point Pleasant Resort which used to be a very large, sprawling botanical garden along the cliffs on the Eastern shore. They have many beautiful trails and most end at a gazebo that is maybe 100 feet above the sea, with a view all the way out to the British Virgins. Extremely romantic and secluded I proposed there and we returned 2 years later to be married at the same spot. If she's romantic this location is guaranteed. You needn't stay there. Just drive out there for "the view" and pop the question after you find the gazebo. Best of luck

Old Oct 28th, 2000, 11:39 AM
Karen

Not sure that the gazebo is still there ... will be happy to check tho for you!!!

Old Nov 4th, 2000, 08:11 PM
Bill

Mike: Take a day trip(on a Saturday)to <BR>Jost Van Dyke & call Foxy in advance as <BR>to your plans to propose & I guarantee <BR>he'll do the rest & make it memorable. <BR>Just make sure Foxy's in town & not <BR>globe-trotting somewhere. Phone is 809- <BR>495-9258 & there's a web site. I also <BR>like Karen's idea at Bluebeard's if you <BR>are not into island hopping; Le Chateau <BR>de Bordeaux on St. John(at sunset, call <BR>ahead to reserve) would absolutely work <BR>& you'll have time to get the ferry back

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 03:32 AM
Karen

I mentioned BlackBeard's ... altho BlueBeard's Banana Tree Grill is a nice setting on the edge off the dining room .. but doesn't compare to the ol' Entre Nous which was lovely. Chateau Bordeaux is a great view too ... but reserve the outside table!!!