Search

HELP -Barbados - Antigua - T&C

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2015, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP -Barbados - Antigua - T&C

Hi everyone,

I am planning a trip to the caribbean for late October/early November 2015. Just a quick gateway with my wife.

We need help on dicicing hotel: We usually like smaller/boutique hotels, with TV and wifi. We don´t plan to explore the island that much, so the beach at the hotel should be the nicest possible. This said, we are open to other suggestions. So far, we liked Galley Bay, Carlisle and Villas at sunset lane in Antigua and Little Arches and The Colony Club in Barbados.

I also consider T&C as a third option.

Finally, can it be cold this time of the year? I know it could be rainy, but I think I'll take a chance anyway,
Old Feb 22nd, 2015, 09:18 AM

It's hot

Chances of hurricanes all your choices, so get insurance just in case

Some restaurants shut done for the season all your island picks but all islands still have something open

I go every sept/aug to turks and Caicos! Insanely gorgeous beach

I've also been to other 2

If beach is what you want then Tci would be best choice
Old Feb 22nd, 2015, 11:34 AM

I would choose Antigua if that is on Dickensons Bay--that is a gorgeous beach! I was there only on a cruise for a day. We recently stayed at Bougainvilla in Barbados. The water is somewhat rough but a lovely hotel. Cozy, and great customer service. The people are lovely who operate the hotel. It is also very clean, meticulously maintained. Google it. If a nice beach is all you really want then T&C although a very quiet island has pretty water. Of your choices I would go with Antigua and I believe they have great restaurants there as well.
Old Feb 22nd, 2015, 12:21 PM

I think the 3 islands you have picked are all great. I would have T&C as my first option even though I haven't been yet, based on your requirements of a great beach, followed by Barbados and Antigua, both of which I have been to. Little Arches is too far south for me, the west coast beaches of Barbados are the best and calmest, so somewhere like Cobblers Cove for instance. Colony Club, the House, Crystal Cove are all on the best part of the west coast.
In Antigua, I'm am not a fan of Dickensons Bay, the water is cloudy and I didn't like any of the hotels. I also did not find great restaurants in Antigua but Barbados has several.
Old Feb 22nd, 2015, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Great answers you all!!! Many thanks! It seems T&C is back as my first choice then. I also checked Historical rainfall averages and it is also de driest of the 3.

I guess my choice would be to stay on Grace Bay. Any hotel suggestions based on my preferences (nice beach, rather small/boutique hotel, TV, Wifi)
Old Feb 22nd, 2015, 03:46 PM
WWK

Another vote for T&C. Love it there. I've gone a few times in early November and had really gorgeous- and dry- weather. But we need to know your budget to make hotel recommendations.
Old Feb 22nd, 2015, 07:11 PM
Original Poster

My budget would be US 400-500 per night.
Old Feb 23rd, 2015, 04:19 AM

Odin, I thought Antigua was known for great restaurants? Maybe I am thinking Anguilla? I did not eat at either island so I would not know for sure. T&C is not at all a pretty island we were there for one week in January 12 years ago. It is a dry island with cactus etc. Barbados in terms of geography is far more pleasing to the eye. Unless it has built up T&C was very quiet with little shopping outside of the airport. OP seems just interested in beach so Grace Bay is fine. Can't go wrong with Grace Bay. We actually snorkeled right off the beach. Restaurants Barbados? Never had a good meal there at all. Sorry to say. That was not my experience at all in Barbados.
Old Feb 23rd, 2015, 10:38 AM
Original Poster

From what I've seen, it seems Antigua and Barbados are nicer overall as diann24 points out. T&C however, seems to have nice beaches, which is most important to me. Any Hotel suggestions in T&C for US 400-500?
Old Feb 23rd, 2015, 11:36 AM

Anguilla has great restaurants so maybe it was Anguilla and not Antigua. We had real trouble finding anything great in Antigua outside of the hotels compared to Barbados which has several excellent restaurants, eg Tides, the Cliff, very good restaurant at Cobblers Cove to name a couple.
Old Mar 29th, 2015, 04:50 PM

You can't go wrong with the three islands on your list. If you do choose Barbados. I also highly recommend staying at Little Arches, it is cosy , near the beach, and has a great specialty cafe/ restaurant with delicious food.
Old Mar 30th, 2015, 09:44 AM

Odin, oddly enough in our week at Barbados it was rare to find a good meal in my opinion. We dined out every night. Even breakfast which is hard to get wrong was never quite right. Barely cooked bacon. Kindly asked for it to be well done, and they would bring it back still hardly cooked. Just couldn't get it! St. Lawrence Gap was ok fair, we went to a quirky cute Mexican restaurant it was good. All the food was the same. Simply because of the food it is an island I would not return to again. People friendly, very nice, very geographic, but I am a foodie!!! I want good food.