Notices

ideas for a quick caribbean get away

May 1st, 2012, 08:01 PM
Original Poster

ideas for a quick caribbean get away

We are considering a 3 night trip in early December. We want a non-stop flight from NYC and don't want to travel far once we reach our destination. We are looking for good food, a fun atmosphere, nice beach and easy to get around. We would consider a large chain hotel or small intimate B&B type but would like to spend around $200-$250 per night. We like local restaurants that we can walk to from the hotel or take a taxi. We have been to St. Martin and would go back and stay in Grand Case to be close to all the great restaurants. Puerto Rico and St. Thomas are other options but we have never been to either. Would either of these places provide what we are looking for? Any other suggestions?
May 3rd, 2012, 02:24 PM

St Thomas should fit the bill for a quick getaway. Should be able to get a direct flight from JFK. I'd suggest taking the ferry over to St John, but since you are limited to a small time window, I'd just find a place on St thomas which should be no problem for the price you are looking for.
May 3rd, 2012, 05:43 PM

if it were me with such a short timeframe i'd go back to st. martin. you're already familiar with things.
another option might be provo, t&c. lots of excellent dining options but you'd likely need a short (5-10min) taxi to most of them. grace bay beach, imho is the nicest beach in the islands.

Search this Thread