I wish there was a forum just for cruises.

Mar 12th, 1998, 06:45 PM
sandy

I wish there was a forum just for cruises.

I wish there was a forum just for cruises. There are a lot of cruisers and a lot of ships out there, and it would be great to have a way to share our information with each other. I hate having to sift through EVERYTHING to find a topic about cruising.

Also, it would be truly wonderful if there were a way to search these postings by destination. Do you archive them?

Mar 12th, 1998, 07:07 PM
John

Hi Sandy.Try "http://www.cruise2.com" a great site for information on cruises.

Mar 12th, 1998, 07:49 PM
Sherri

Visit with us at
http:www.vip4.com/bulletins/questions.html

Mar 14th, 1998, 06:08 PM
sandy

Thanks for the tip, you guys.

Mar 17th, 1998, 07:57 PM
ckyle

Hi. This is a great one! www.cruiseopinion.com

Aug 22nd, 1998, 10:57 AM
Eleanor

I found a discussion group that is exclusively cruise related. It is located at rec.travel.cruises
Go through www.dejanews.com to access. It's well worth the hassel.

Aug 22nd, 1998, 11:59 AM
Louis

IT IS HERE ON FORDORS WITH VERY EFFECTIVE SEARCH ENGINE.

Aug 22nd, 1998, 12:09 PM
Owen O'Neill

If you prefer to stay here at Fodor's for cruise info (or here in addition to other sites), then do this:

Use the new search function in the Caribbean Forum. Enter the word "cruise" as the text search and choose "general interest/regionwide" as the topic search. This yields (at present) 373 posts on cruises in the islands! If you see multiple subject headings on the lower left of the screen when the search results first appear (they will be highlighted in blue), click on the highlighted word "cruise" to see the posts. This search can easily be refined by selecting a particular destination as the topic or entering additional info for text (e.g. the name or initials representing a cruise line you're looking for interest on). I groaned when the Fodor's format changed but have grown to love the search function. Have fun!

Aug 26th, 1998, 08:17 AM
Vicki

I received this tip as a response to my posting on this board: try sealetter.com. You can search (your key word(s) can be a destination, ship name, etc.) through their database of letters that lay people have written about their cruises. It's great.

Jan 14th, 1999, 12:43 PM
Amy

Hello Sandy:
Here is an excellent website designed by my friends, Kim Stahler and Chad DeShazo. It is about the Princess Cruise line, specifically, the "Sea Princess." Kim and Chad have been on five cruises and love to give advice/tell about their travels. They are also scuba divers. Here is the address: http://www.wso.net/apron/cruisereport/seaprincess.htm (the last one might be "html" if "htm" doesn't work.
Amy