Search

I was quoted! Woo hoo!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2008, 07:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was quoted! Woo hoo!

Sorry for the self-serving post. I recognize a few other names on the Caribbean list (ej, caribtrav, etc). Make sure you contact Fodor's for your free guide!

Our thoughts and prayers are with all that have been and will be impacted by Gustav.
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 10:31 AM

Congrats! And from your post, should I deduce that the others you mentioned (including me) were mentioned? Cool!
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 12:28 PM

Oh cool. Is caribtrav me?
I was quoted in the Las Vegas book a year or so ago. I'm still waiting for my free guide. I emailed them twice. Since then, I bought the guide I asked for.
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 01:12 PM
Original Poster

Yes, just click on the link above the Caribbean Islands header when you are in the Caribbean Forum. It is on the left side. Better yet, try this:
http://www.fodors.com/news/story_3109.html

A little disappointed to hear of the slow response time CT. I guess I should temper my enthusiasm.
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 11:45 AM

Congrats to all who were quoted. It's the little things in life, isn't it?

Just to give you some optimism, I was quoted in the Cape Cod guide. They were delayed in mailing the free copies but I got many nice emails from the Fodors 'editor' keeping me posted on its arrival. So, hopefully, you are o.k.
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 03:47 PM

I was qouted in Cabos book-so excited. See, when you say nice things about a place, they will use the qoutes for books-so keep writting! Congrats to all! 8-)
Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 07:49 AM

Congrats, everyone! That is so cool! I'm going to have to polish up my posts. Guess my two cents is only worth two cents.
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 04:25 AM

Amazing! I was quoted too. Was everyone quoted? It's a long list!
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 09:27 AM

I found my name there, too. I told my husband and he wanted to know what I said. I have no idea! I'll be curious to find out whether it was about a certain island or a restaurant or what. Several years ago I was contacted by a magazine regarding a letter I had written. They asked for my permission to use it, but never told me anything beyond that. A few months later, I opened up a magazine and found this letter I had written and my name and city listed. I went Woo hoo and then remembered where I was - in the middle of a very quiet doctor's office!
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 11:50 AM

I went to the B&N today to take a look at the book. I didn't buy it because I have last year's.

CS: You were quoted about... Jamaica! Shocking huh? It was a long quote so I can't even tell you exactly what it was. My quote was also for Jamaica.

ejcrowe: You were quoted in the St. Vincent and the Grenadines section. Something about Union Island being a good starting point because of its location.

Barbara1: I think your quote was about St. Maarten.

Knowing: I'm pretty sure yours was about Curacao.

Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 04:30 PM

ct, that's pretty funny, considering that I've never actually *been* to Union Island. I figured I'd be quoted for Grenada. Interesting! What were you quoted for on Jamaica?
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 04:36 PM

ohmygosh.. don't quote me on that. i have a crappy memory when it comes to details.. it must have been one of the other Grenadines... but it was definitely in the St. Vincent and Grenadines section.
i also thought you'd be quoted about grenada, but mymoosie got that honor.
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 04:38 PM

my quote: my husband and i basically came out of this trip astounded at the bad reputation jamaica gets.
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 05:06 PM

Ok, caribtraveler inspired me to run over to B&N down the street. LOL.

ejcrowe - You were quoted in StV & Grenadines about Union Island being a good jumping off point.

greenie - Your quote was in the Grenada section about not buying enough chocolates!

I wasn't sure if it was me that was the other quote in Grenada since it says "Mymoosies". Maybe my undiscovered twin. LOL. And I don't recall ever saying that quote. But maybe I've been having too many to remember.

Congrats to all!
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

My complimentary book arrived yesterday! I requested the Caribbean Guide, of course. The guide appears to be quite detailed and comprehensive to say the least! Of course, my favorite part of the guide is sharing quotes on the opening page dedicated to Jamaica with my Fodor's friend, CaribTravler!
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 04:58 AM

How fitting considering it was one of your trip reports that pushed me to finally book our trip to Jamaica.
After your post, I emailed Fodors for my complimentary guides (for the Vegas and Jamaica quotes). Katie responded so I hope I'll get them soon.
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 10:46 AM

I got my Cabos book last week, I had been quoted.

CaribbeanSoul: is your second favorite part of the book the chapter I wrote on Turks and Caicos? ;-)

Old Sep 20th, 2008, 05:14 PM

blamona, you wrote the entire chapter? Kudos to you, m'dear. My copy arrived earlier this week but I was at a trade show and haven't opened it yet. I look forward to reading all about Provo and the rest of T&C!
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Original Poster

I'm sure it will be when I get to that chapter! Kudos! What a great accomplishment. We'll get to T&C someday, as well....when we do you will be the one I call for tips, hints and recommendations!
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 12:35 PM

I just recieved my Fodor's Caribbean Guude 2009 in the mail.
thank you Fodor's.
and there my quote was..right at the beginning of the St. Maarten section!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -