I am planning to travel to Cuba in Oct-Nov this year and was wanting to get some basic info before I start planning the trip. Firstly is this a good time of year to go weatherwise (ie its not hurricane season is it and is it hot enough to go to the beach ?)
Secondly I am a 34 yr old single female travelling alone and don't speak spanish. Do you recommend independent travel or an organised tour ? I have decided that I would prefer to stay in a Casa Particular rather than a hotel to get more of an authentic Cuban experience but since I only have 2 weeks can you advise which cities/areas are a must see. I love to dance Salsa and love the beach so those are my two minimum requirements. I am open to anything else that is traditionally Cuban.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Christmas vacation
- 2 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 3 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 4 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 5 NYE in Punta Cana
- 6 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 7 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 8 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 9 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 10 Abaco day trips
- 11 BEWARE of TU Bahamas Rentals
- 12 Caneel Bay in St. John?
- 13 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 14 Yoga & Surf vacation for my family
- 15 St Croix at Christmas with small children
- 16 Grand Cayman Beaches
- 17 Barbados Cruise to Airport
- 18 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 19 sailing the Abacos
- 20 Grace Bay after hurricane
- 21 Private secluded Carribean Cottage
- 22 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 23 1st time to Barbados
- 24 Help selecting an island destination!
- 25 BVI vs. Exumas