Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

I need some advice ASAP on Eleuthera! PLEASE!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2019, 04:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! We did a last minute vacation to Eleuthera, Bahamas. We are Here!! I really have not had a chance to research the island very much. After getting here today I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with what to do and where to go?! We rented a villa in the Govenours Harbour Area, so we are right in the middle of this 100-mile long island! The beach we are on is beautiful! Can I get your top suggestions on the best beaches to visit? Is Harbour Island worth a visit? However, that is an hour drive back up to North Eleuthera and not sure if it is worth it for a day trip?? Any Off the beaten path places you suggest? I heard about the Island Farm Market? Anyone been? I usually plan and research extensively our trips but this time we are just winging it! Any advice would be so appreciated! FYI, I don't think we want to be driving 20+ minutes to other destinations. If any of you have suggestions within a 20-30 minute range from Govenours Harbour that would be so appreciated! Thank you!
Old Mar 10th, 2019, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The internet is your friend- do a google search for “Things to do on Eleuthera” and you’ll find dozen of links that will tell you everything you need to know.

You can use Google Maps to get very accurate driving distances between the location of your accommodations and the various points of interest around the island.

Last edited by RoamsAround; Mar 10th, 2019 at 10:20 AM.