Reload this Page >

I heard the GO's are predatory at Club Med

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 05:23 PM
SF

Has any female encountered this at Club Med Turks and Caicos? I heard that the GO's are looking to "hook up" with the guests.

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 06:04 PM
ex-go

I was a GO for more than 3 years, and did spend a season at Turks. The guys can come on strong, but that is because a lot of women go there looking for it. My advice would be to "Just Say No" and if you experience any real trouble, report it to the Chief of the Village. Club Med is really trying to be sensitive to this problem, and the GOs are warned to take it easy.<BR>Turkoise is a great village to party, with great diving and beach. I know lots of women who went there by themselves and had a great time. Find a group to hang out with and PARTY.<BR>

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 06:54 PM
SF

thanks for the advice. My friend and I are planning to go in April. Just want to relax, play sports and dance without being harrased.<BR>

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 07:19 AM
Kristin

Dying to know--what's a GO?

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 07:26 AM
zzz

Gentile Organisateur, if I spelled that right....it's frech for "nice organizer".

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 07:38 AM
Marilyn

Club Med/Turks is awesome! We had a great time there last summer. <BR>My friends and I found that a few of the GO's did tend to "come on strong" LOL. I think that alot of the GM's go to Club Med to hook up!<BR>The beach at Grace Bay is beautiful, water is gin clear. The nice part of Club Med is that you can do as much or as little as you want. We were content to steer clear of the festivities at the pool and just veg on the beach.<BR>Our only complaint was that they ran out of beach towels on three days of our visit. Try and get to the hut early to ensure you'll get one!<BR>Have a wonderful trip! Do try to get some scuba in while you're there; they have a great dive operation on the premises.

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 11:39 AM
allie

i've also discovered that some of the GOs can come on strong, but not in a intimidating or threatening way. it's easy just to say "thanks, but no thanks" and that solves the issue in a quick, friendly way. no stress, no problem.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 11:42 AM
SF

Hi Everyone, Thanks for the advice!

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 04:27 AM
linda

I was also a G.O. at Club Med. I agree with the other G.O.'s comments. Most girls who hook up with the male staff are more than willing. If you do not seek it, it will not be forced on you. I used to teach scuba and recall one conversation with a scottish co-worker who was propositioned for a manache (sp? sorry). Sure he went for it but wasn't soliciting it. As for me (from a woman's perspective) sure i could have been a goer 24-7 too but, like everything, it is free will to do as you choose. Just one note though, Thurs. nights were usually the BIG stawk night so watch your liquor...or drink up and go for it!